Tennessee Steel Haulers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by DMAX66, Aug 1, 2018.

1. DMAX66

DMAX66 Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Chicagoland
    Anyone here leased on with Tennessee Steel Haulers? Or have any info on this company? If so how is the company? How’s the pay? Home time?
    Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    TSH is owned by Daseke. They have been buying other flatbed companies for a few years. The parent company, Daseke, is probably the largest flatbed operator in the US.

From the people talked to, it seems that most are happy with overall operations. Pay, benefits offered, along with freight options are said to be good. They do run company, lease purchase and owner lease trucks.

According to information from some drivers I know at Daseke owned companies, they are looking at rolling out a guaranteed pay package for company drivers. The lease programs sound reasonable. Have one driver that just started a L/P with them, so far things seem to be going well.

4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I'm part of the Daseke family of companies(but not with TSH), not sure about TSH's pay, but the Daseke benefits are fairly decent and affordable if they take advantage of those there.

5. Shotgun94

Shotgun94 Medium Load Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Georgia
    I'm a TSH driver. Been here since April. As for me, my review. They are alright. I can give you a good description.
    They pay %. They have a good lease purchase and , if I knew now what I had before I would have hopped right on it and stuck it out with their lease purchase. They were leasing on brand new 2019 T680 with Cummins engine and 13-speed manual Transmissions. Sweet ride! The payments were around $700 a week which I know yes it's very high for 5.25 years. But you've got all this warranty on a brand new truck but they told me when I was wanting to get a lease purchase truck after my truck broke down I had to sell it that they didn't have any available. And the trucks come with that bumper to bumper warranty. Just have to make sure you get your oil change when it is time to keep that warranty valid in Nashville at Kenworth. But if I were to say you probably make 4400 gross a week and and after expenses you're making over 2000 per week. You just have to be rolling all the time and make sure you keep your e-logs right cuz they will terminate you with the keeptruckin Eld. No forced dispatch. Often making over $2 per mile. But if we're going to get started I would say get the lease purchase.

6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    My friend worked over there. He lost his rear end. He had a really nice Pete with about an $800 dollar per week truck note. I see the trucks on there yard sometimes, really nice equipment. He was telling they run a lot of broker freight. He had set lanes that he was determined to stay in. I think sometimes that can be a detriment to lease ops. Sometimes freight goes cold in terms of rates.

7. oldskool362005

oldskool362005 Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2017
    I've been over here over a year and so far so good L/P. Go home when I want to and stay how long I want to good Freight not much tarping well I don't do that much maybe one load a week but give them a try I think you'll be pleased

8. jimmycrackcorn

jimmycrackcorn Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Any updates? Still working there? Revenue numbers? I can't get excited about $4400/wk..

9. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    $800 truck note PER WEEK? Who the heck would do that?

ChevyCam Thanks this.
  10. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    And for 63 months. So it’s only $200,000.00. But it can do the same work my $13,000.00 truck dose so why not?

cke, ChevyCam, adayrider and 2 others Thank this.
  11. jimmycrackcorn

jimmycrackcorn Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2013
    So here's how this works... Companies generally offer LP programs so they don't have to have employees. The drivers looking at LP are folks that can't get traditional funding at all. It's also a good way to see what being an O/O is all about without committing to the payment. I know people that have been run thru the blender with divorce and medical bills and LP was literally their only option to get a truck. You make less than company guys and the truck isn't worth anything when you're done, but it's yours and you use it for a downpayment on the next one.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.