Texas and ONLY Texas Oilfield Jobs!!

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by starsonwindow, Apr 28, 2012.

1. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    starsonwindow Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2012

From experience I recommend against flex frac....it is still no better than it used to be. I am running two trucks there and not making enough to maintain the trucks.

I was curious if anyone has any info on cab express or Jack Hearn

4. nicholas_jordan

nicholas_jordan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2012
    temple texas
    It is almost 100% certain that if you search directly in operations areas you end up with a job if you can display a current Class A CDL with tanker endorsement, can walk talk, (live locally) can speak English and pass the DOT drug test so with some "drive around and look for a job" that reduces to looking on the Texas RR Commission site for a map of where the wells are, though for Midland-Odessa it is actually Andrews Texas

5. denton

denton Light Load Member

Hundreds of jobs available currently out here in Midland odessa

6. Nitehawkoneone

Nitehawkoneone Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2012
    New here. Have enjoyed reading all the post has been very helpful. Will be departing Fl the 2nd week of July for Midland area Bring my 5th wheel so will be looking for rv park to put it and a job. Have decided to park my truck and give this the best shot possible. As mentioned in one thread I'ii be there to work and make money. Any words of wisdom and advice will be appreciated. Time to turn life's page and start a new chapter.:biggrin_25520:

7. nicholas_jordan

nicholas_jordan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2012
    temple texas
    That will be Andrews { tx } and if you can display a current Class A CDL with tanker endorsement, can walk talk, (live locally) can speak English and pass the DOT drug test then chances a are excellent that you can find place that wants to hire you with enough "drive around and look for a job" but I suggest doing additional, original, digging and looking before departing unless you can stand ten-times pricing in trailer-parks as there are hundreds with exactly the same plan of searching or already working,.....it is not unusual to be able to make it sleeping in the yard in a camper for day at a time ~ HOS is somewhat exempt and many are able to sleep in the truck but it totally depends on company regulations and whatever the field-boss & dispatcher have to put up with to keep operations running, though for sure many companies are crying for water-tanker drivers with Class-A CDL

Just do additional prior-work digging for facts unless you can stand seriously elevated motel pricing while searching and waiting for chem-screening to return from bio-assay, can go ten-days to a month with weak luck, but for a fact the work is there with billboards and signs all over ~ my suggestion is to subscribe to newspapers, getting a physical copy by paper mail .... dig the classifieds

Look on Texas RR Comm site for map of active areas

8. txdeuce

txdeuce Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Eagle Ford
    Beware of Gold Spur Trucking!!! They are always hiring drivers because they have such a high turnover rate. This is because they treat their drivers like crap and they will screw you over every way imaginable!

IofTEXAS Thanks this.
  9. AllieCat

AllieCat Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2012
    San Antonio, TX
    Yuck...me and a friend noticed their ad in Sunday's paper. He was thinking about applying with Gold Spur Trucking. Do you have any other specific details to that I can let him know? :biggrin_2556:

10. txdeuce

txdeuce Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Eagle Ford
    I would highly suggest that your friend not make the mistake I made and find a better company to work for. In the few months that I worked for Gold Spur I saw over half of the drivers either quit or get fired. The management treats the drivers like trash. They talk down on you, cuss you out all the time, blame you if their piece of #### equipment breaks down and the list goes on...

Nearly half of Gold Spurs trucks do not have AC. When you are sitting for hours at the dusty ### rail yard waiting to unload....you will melt in that black truck!

IofTEXAS Thanks this.
  11. txdeuce

txdeuce Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Eagle Ford
    I forgot to mention that Gold Spur has no vacation or holiday pay and they are always cutting drivers hours. You will be scheduled to work the next day and then receive a text message a few hours before you wake up telling you that they need you to take the day off. This is because their trucks are always breaking down and they have no spare trucks. They are also constantly hiring new drivers to replace the ones who have had enough of their crap. You will not be assigned a truck and can count on being in a different rig nearly every day...and all of the equipment is different! Although they will blame the driver when you overlook something and have a spill. Did I mention that the "management" sucks? If you go to work for Gold Spur...be ready to be treated like a piece of ####!

IofTEXAS and seawind Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.