Thank-you Dupont

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by MUSTANGGT, Apr 4, 2015.

1. MUSTANGGT

MUSTANGGT Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Georgia
    When I think of E.I. Dupont I think of wealth. It is one of the world's largest corporations with resources that span the globe. Legends abound of the family's estates in Delaware and babies with multi-million dollar trust funds who aren't even born yet.

It is so generous of them to provide this five star waiting facility in Starke, Florida for visiting drivers who are not allowed to sit in their cab while being loaded/unloaded.

They went all out on this mini castle. It's a 6x8 metal storage building that must have set them back what, three or four hundred bucks? I don't know how they can afford to throw money around like that.
    [​IMG]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

1 like that was on sale at HOME DEPOT last fall but had nicer door and w indow

MUSTANGGT Thanks this.
  4. bubbanbrenda

bubbanbrenda Road Train Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Middletown,Oh.
    I'm guessing they traded the central heat/air for the "continuous fresh air circulation smokers station" there to the right of the castle, at least they are looking out for our health. I wouldn't want any second hand smoke getting in the way of me inhaling all those fumes floating around.

5. Frghter Century 12.7 Detr

Frghter Century 12.7 Detr Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    I used to pass through this DuPont factory though Hwy 301 going to Jacksonville Budweiser loads for Tampa delivery. That picture tells us two things, why their babies being born in 2020 have million trust funds and how they value truck drivers with that dirty storage shack!

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  6. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    When ya think about it.....all that's missing is a welcome mat. :biggrin_25523:

7. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

SATELITE TV dish on the roof and old car parked next to it on blocks and its a Hillbilly Cottage

8. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    I especially like the "ventilation" that was obviously strategically place there by a well trained forklift operator. :biggrin_25526:

REO6205 Thanks this.
  9. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    The way some "drivers" give the rock star treatment to any & every driver's lounge or bathroom they use, it's no surprise when a shipper or receiver finally says "no more!" and stops allowing drivers access to anything with any value. The way they look & smell worse than the bum on the street corner doesn't help win them any favors, either. You certainly don't want a high-dollar client visiting your facility to walk into the restroom and find some 600 pound "driver" in his tighty whiteys taking a bath in the sink after clogging up the toilet (if he even bothered trying to flush it).

When drivers start acting like mature adults, they might just start getting treated as such. Conduct yourself in a professional manner...the way you dress, speak, act...and you'll stand a better chance to be treated like a professional. If you want to be treated with respect, be respectful. It really isn't all that difficult to do...

Ougigoug, Ziegy, 77smartin and 5 others Thank this.
  10. MUSTANGGT

MUSTANGGT Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Georgia
    There is some validity to your post PB, if you care to put us all in the same category as the lowest percentile. But as I emphasized in italics, there was no option of waiting in one's truck, despite the fact of them demanding keys and disabling trailer air line.

I felt even more like Cool Hand Luke in the "box" when the emergency alert siren sounded and all employees went to meeting area at main building thus extending my sentence by another thirty minutes. Had there been an actual emergency I guess I would be left to fend for myself, hoping my shed wasn't engulfed by flames or toxic fumes.

11. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Like anything else, the actions of 1000 individuals doing what should be expected are quickly forgotten following the actions of 1 idiot.

...and accommodating the "lowest common denominator" seems to be the trend these days, whether it is the dumbing down of the education system to the warning labels on merchandise or the rules and regulations passed by government. A few idiots ruin the fun for everybody.

Ziegy, 77smartin and Cranky Yankee Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.