thank you TR members!! Saia is great!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by big1troy, Jan 20, 2018.

1. big1troy

big1troy Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2018
    Let me break it down like this linehaul makes more money it's not even close, so if money is what you are after go linehaul. I have a small route 380 miles a night usually 9-10 hours since I have 4 drop and hooks. So for 45-50 hours of work a week I'm going to make 70k this year. I think the best a city guy hits is maybe the low 60s

Eldiablo Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eldiablo

Eldiablo Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Either is more than I make now I just didn’t know what the hours are like.

4. big1troy

Jan 20, 2018
    Well the vast majority of linehaul work is over night, City guys is all day shift. Reasonable expectation of pay is at least 40k for city and a minimum 60k for linehaul. I work with guys in linehaul pulling 6 figures working 60 hour weeks. It's all about your preference, not everyone can handle nights.

Eldiablo Thanks this.
  5. Eldiablo

Eldiablo Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Well I’m at 50 now so unless it’s at least 60 I won’t be going.

6. big1troy

Jan 20, 2018
    That's my guess, call the terminal manager and ask they will be straight up with you

Eldiablo Thanks this.
  7. crackerboy

crackerboy Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Did you do your interview and road test the same day? What’s orientation like and how long did it last? Do you ride with another driver for the first week?

8. big1troy

Jan 20, 2018
    Due to my schedule I did the interview and then another day I did the physical drug test and road test. Orientation lasted about 3 hours, lots of paperwork and videos. Training consisted of one week with the driver trainer. The TM did the interview and orientation no out of state recruiter crap like some other companies. If you want the name and number for a TM just let me know which terminal

crackerboy Thanks this.
  9. big1troy

Jan 20, 2018
    We need drivers so bad and just about all the terminals, seriously if you have your endorsements and some experience just apply and ask the TM anything and everything. I interviewed my TM more than he interviewed me.

crackerboy Thanks this.
  10. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    Just seen a billboard on 76 west bound in commerce city (Denver) that said start 64 cents line haul and 27 hr local. sounds pretty good.

11. big1troy

Jan 20, 2018
    Pay varies slightly by location and they start you higher with LTL experience

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.