That's My Story...

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by mich_white_tiger, Sep 15, 2007.

1. mich_white_tiger

mich_white_tiger Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Lambertville,MI
    Here's My Deal Ladies And Gentlemen;
    I Am A 3rd Shift Cashier At An Out Of The Way Truck Stop.
    I Also Have A Podcast, Like A Radio Show, That Caters To The Trucking Industry.
    I Would Like To Know What We, Who Are Here To Serve You, Can Do To Make Your Life A Little More Home-like On The Road.
    I Like Happy Customers.
    If You Were Coming Into My Little Truck Stop At 3 In The Morning, How Can I Make Your Day?
    I Need Feedback From My Customers, If I Am To Have A Successful Talk Show, Right?
    Talk To Me.
    I'm Listening...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FunnyFarm04

FunnyFarm04 Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Oak Hills, California
    Hello there,
    I am only a local driver so dont spend much time in truck stops. But anywhere I go I appreciate a smile, and friendly service. Not cashiers acting like I am interrupting something more important, like talking to another employee, or on the phone chatting with a friend. And of course a thanks now and then for giving you my business. These are things we dont see much of today. I am sure you will get many responses here though.

Good luck

4. 2xR

2xR Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Ol' North State
    I don't like to wade through a crowd of automobile gas customers and their snotty nosed kids, whining for a candy bar, to pay for my fuel. Let me have a diesel fuel desk away from all of the gas and lotto customers.

You mentioned 03:00 am. If I walk into your store at that hour I'll be wanting some good coffee. Have some ready for me.

I may need to utilize your restroom. It'd be wonderful if it were a little cleaner than the parking lot.

Forget the smiles and thank yous. Just efficient, good service will do.

5. Etosha

Etosha World Citizen

Aug 19, 2007
    Edmonton, AB
    FRESH coffee anytime.
    CLEAN washrooms with paper towel present!

6. javelinjeff

javelinjeff Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2007
    victorville,ca
    lets see, at 3:00 a.m. i'm definitely gonna want some fresh coffee,if i'm still gonna keep going,something to nibble on that hasn't been in the warmer since the day before,a clean restroom for sure,and a big smile on your face that shows you're happy to see me. did i mention the french vanilla coffee creamer-it's like a drug addiction,one you start,you can't stop!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.