The Beer store should I apply

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by classicxl, Jun 10, 2022.

1. classicxl

classicxl Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2006
    I’m still looking for my golden ticket and see that the beer store is looking to hire full time union drivers for their new bolton warehouse .Pay starts at $20.89 plus shift premiums ,guaranteed 40hrs a week and in 36 months up to $28.16 a hr so i’m thinking with shift premiums would hopefully be at least $30 a hr plus union pension.what do all you older experience guys think i should do .A much as i like working for Kriska it’s a relaxed environment but only make $25.60 with ot if i do 11 hrs a day but i feel i’m worth more with 14 years driving and clean record

AZ/DZ Drivers - Bolton, ON - Indeed.com

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2021
    Take it.

4. classicxl

Dec 16, 2006
    Any other info on them i’m a little worried when i read they’re losing money hand over fist and haven’t made a profit in years apparently. I have to be honest $20.89 a little low to be starting but they say there’s shift premiums so i will be asking if i get a call from them what else is part of the pay package

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  5. Phantom Trucker

Phantom Trucker Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Calgary, AB
    I’d want to speak to as many of their drivers as possible and ask what they like and dislike about the company. -I realize this may be difficult to pull off but it’s necessary to get good understanding of what working at a particular place is like before jumping onboard.

6. Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2021
    You’ll never know until you try it. There’s no perfect job out there. It’s a union place so I’d assume everything goes by seniority so the earlier you get in, the better it will be for you. It’s probably like Brower and you will have to take the worst runs.

7. classicxl

Dec 16, 2006
    that’s why i’ve been so hesitant to leave my current job been here 10 years and it’s very laid back no one bugs you unless you screw up .i’m getting tired of how we’re busy one minute then slow the next and feel i’m worth more then $1870 every two weeks .I’ve applied to frito-lays again also but i’m not jumping ship unless i feel it’s going to benefit long term .I understand you have to put your time in but also need a liveable wage also

8. Peplow

Peplow Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Ontario
    Short term pain for long term gain ?

9. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    I wouldn’t hand bomb all day in the GTA for under 30 myself. Job states must be able to stand all day carrying 40 lbs . Sure don’t sound like much driving involved..

10. classicxl

Dec 16, 2006
    Most of the time the Az drivers deliver to the beer stores,grocery ,lcbo or bottle places so i would imagine most things are on skids and pallet jack is used .I would think the dz guys are doing all the heavy lifting .Frito lays would be the same deal though drive to each customer and off load product but it’s otr gig with them so guessing each day you’re in a hotel but if i get a call back from either one i’ll found out the details.I like where iam at but the money just not here

11. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Just my opinion, but given the current market situation out there for drivers of any kind, $20 per hour seems quite low. Most jobs starting around $28 per hour with OT. For local work.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.