The BEST Shippers and Receivers - Truckers WILL Buy Their Products!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by WiseOne, Dec 16, 2006.

1. toymaker

toymaker Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Missouri
    Worthington Steel in Delta, OH was pretty cool. Free Wifi for drivers, overnight parking, vending machines in loading area, and they even had music playing in there.
    As for buying their products, I don't have much use for steel coils personally, but if I ever do...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ken Worth

Ken Worth Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Great Plains
    No matter what division I go to, CertainTeed seems like one of the best run companies as far as organization,professional employees, proper loading and getting you out in a timely manner.

4. precariousthoughts

precariousthoughts Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2015
    My favorite receiver is Mohawk in Fontana CA. I haul loads of flooring in front. Their place in Thomasville NC.

They give you an appointment, you come to the gate and call in on the phone. They give you a door and in an hour to an hour and a half you're out of there with no hassle. Every time. What a concept

5. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Smuckers Jellies from Ohio...they welcome you like family. Direct you to a huge drivers lounge that's a big kitchen. Huge table, one wall is a sink and microwaves, toasters and toaster ovens, racks of breads,rolls donuts,bagels etc. then...wall full of every type of jelly/jam they make. Free coffee,tea juice,milk. By the time you are done eating you are loaded. All they ask is you clean up your own crumbs and take the jar that you opened with you !

Been several yrs,but hope they still do it.

RangerMelB and Nitemare13 Thank this.
  6. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    My vote for best shipper is Pella Windows out of Pella, IA, not far east of Des Moines. You go there, the load is already on a pre-loaded trailer sitting in the yard. On a nice quiet hill, you can take your break there. No services, but a lot of peace and quiet.

Worst is going to be AWG, I forget the town. Slow lumpers, 5 hr minimum, sitting in the dock, some side street parking, maybe, no services. CVS in Indianapolis runs a tight second. What a cluster.

RangerMelB Thanks this.
  7. WalterSobchak

WalterSobchak Medium Load Member

May 16, 2014
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Had a real good experience at Virginia ABC a couple weeks ago. I arrived about 10 minutes before my appointment time. Was told to back up to any available door. Took in my paperwork and within 45 minutes I had my signed paperwork and was rolling out. The bonus was I keep my load bars strapped to the etrack at the back of the trailer. Whoever unloaded me took the load bar off and strapped it on with the other load bars. Every other place I've been to just takes the load bars and throws them back on the floor of the trailer.

8. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    Owens Corning, Santa Clara, CA. Asked them if they allowed overnight parking. They said yes, and you're free to come in and use the restroom, microwave, and shower if you want. I didn't use the shower so I have no idea what condition it was in. Way cool.

Starboyjim and Snowshoes Thank this.
  9. Preacher Man

Preacher Man Road Train Member

May 31, 2008
    Mason City, IL
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned Cargill salt in Akron OH, but every time I have been in there I have been loaded pretty quick and treated like a professional. They have a room for the drivers that includes a large flat screen T.V. and the last time I was there they were doing driver appreciation with a box lunch and a couple of swag items. As far as the T.V., I'm not sure why the drivers had it turned to Dora the Explorer last time, but drivers do strange things. They also have a notice posted that if you are not treated respectfully you should call management and they give you a phone number.

RangerMelB Thanks this.
  10. Upright

Upright Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2012
    California's Best City
    Mccain Foods Easton ME. Three times delivered and also had a pick up. Hour tops to unload and get loaded again. Overnight parking allowed. Ill take a load there anyday.

americanmadetrucker Thanks this.
  11. Ougigoug

Ougigoug Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Planet earth
    You got that right their products is really good, Costco is selling the Ghirardelli brownies mix....that stuff is to die for!

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.