The BEST Shippers and Receivers - Truckers WILL Buy Their Products!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by WiseOne, Dec 16, 2006.

1. uncle bill

uncle bill Bobtail Member

May 1, 2007
    I agree.Sauder is the absolute best.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jinx

Jinx Light Load Member

My favorite was always picking up at Ben and Jerry's up in Vermont, but then my opinion is probably biased by all the free tubs of Chunky Monkey. Not a whole lot of room, but they did get us loaded in a timely manner, and if you want a free sample all you have to do is ask.

4. finfan

finfan Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2007
    middle ga
    Driver Beware!! stay as far away from Food Lion in Butner N.C. as you can get. 7 hours on the dock and $450.00 lumper fee- WoW!:biggrin_2555: They will also try to hide under the alias of Hannaford Bros..

5. Calitrucker712

Calitrucker712 Light Load Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Arcata CA
    For those in the food industry who have ever hit a safeway store I feel sorry for you. Unless youre driving one of their drucks you will spend anywhere from 20-90 minutes waiting to unload. It doesnt seem long but when their drivers are in and out in less than 10 it gets on your nerves.

On a positive note I agree in never having a problem with a walmart store or seeing any other drive sit there for long

6. lzuplift

lzuplift Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2008
    colorado springs,co
    didto that,I pulled into safeway at denver at 6am for a 7am app,7hrs later I got back out on the road to pick a load of chickens in neb, 7pm that night i was there,they were closed until next morn,when i got loaded again.if i had got out whith in 3 hrs i could have been there in time to get my load on time,thats the way it is,some receivers just don't care who you are,Mclain is another one thats bad too,seeya.

7. driver62

driver62 Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Dayton, Ohio
    I second that feeling about Sauder. I picked up there several times and never had a problem.

Also, the warehouse was the cleanest I've ever seen. It was spotless.

bzinger Thanks this.
  8. The Boss

The Boss Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Cartersville,Ga.
    Does anyone no a good shipper out of Georgia going to California that uses van or reefer?

9. chrlclv

chrlclv Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Anderson, SC
    Perhaps a quick email to his boss would be more effective for this pat on the back. It will probably mean more to the boss. Just a thought.
    Have a blessed day, and be safe!
    Shelly

10. bagged

bagged Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Oregon
    I do a lot of nursery stock and the best one so far that I have been to is Klupengers nursery in Aurora Oregon. Very nice friendly people treat you professionaly and for floor loading it is not to bad of a wait.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  11. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    IBC in Charlotte, NC... makers of Cheerwine (not the same IBC that makes the rootbeer). Everyone I dealt with there was super friendly and I swear I didn't even have time to fill out my log book and they had me loaded. The guy in shipping said they take pride in getting the drivers loaded as fast as they can—that he couldn't understand why some other warehouses make drivers wait for hours on loads.

Here's three thumbs up for IBC.:thumbleft::thumbleft::thumbleft:

GAPrincess, luni and The Challenger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.