The FCC could forever change how you use the internet

Discussion in 'Other News' started by pattyj, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Sublime

Sublime Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN
    Funny how we all managed it prior to 2015.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Folks are protesting right now

4. Sublime

Sublime Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN
    Of course they are. Some people have nothing better to do.

5. ACO476

ACO476 Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Texas
    Less governmental control over the internet and people are losing their minds. Because, you know, the government makes everything better, like health insurance, education, etc.

6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Me I could care less what FCC does.Only websites I basically go to is my email and ttr.Very. seodome Facebook and twitter just to see what trump posted.I guess FCC could slow many popular websites down and have to pay extra if you was high speed.Could affect how you watch internet TV.We will just have to wait and see what happens.

7. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    The internet worked just fine before, so there really wasn't any reason for the regulation that has been dumped. It'll work the same going forward as it did before the government stuck their nose in where it didn't belong.

8. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Of course they are. They thought the 2015 Obama action was the government regulating "the internet" and today's poorly educated mentality things government should regulate everything. So naturally today's "safe-spacers" will think the sky is falling if somebody releases some government control of a service.

That's the problem. Today, too many have no sense of historical perspective beyond yesterday. Everything is about the history of now.

"The internet" and internet consumers have thrived up until 2015. Internet became more expansive and robust, faster, more comprehensive, and cheaper WITHOUT ANY government control. Every year, without the government, "the internet" improved and became cheaper to access, and high-speed availability became more widespread. Why do you want the government to come in and mess that up?

What has the government ever done right, except perhaps build a military?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  9. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    The companies want to be able to charge a premium for the bandwidth consumed by Netflix, YouTube and other video services.

10. ACO476

ACO476 Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Texas
    History of now? Do you by chance listen to the great Andrew Wilkow?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.