The Food Service Rant thread

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by LoneCowboy, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    McLane Foodservice. Out of Denver.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    well now you know why everyone quits.

They run the heck out of everyone who gets something done until they totally burn out and quit and then bury the next noob.

Radman Thanks this.
  4. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Yeah new guys get worked. Plus it’s very overwhelming if your new to this and Extraboard. I wouldn’t be this buried if new guys would stay. Also the shortage is real here. I have friends running linehaul and they need drivers both for city and linehaul. Saia Reddaway and ODFL. O/O are running city work for LTL companies. Seen a O/O dragging a Estes pup around town in a sleeper. When I was at Reddaway we did this every summer. But now I’m sure it’s way worse especially with everyone here trying to get rich on the black gold. Oil fields are busy as hell here.

speedyk and Mike2633 Thank this.
  5. localguy65

localguy65 Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2012
    I'll be applying to the 2 DC's in eastern North Carolina after I get my CDL.

Do you know if they hire new grads as a driver helper or driver?

6. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Hell no no relief in sight you’re killing it out there. Like they say if they don’t want the money I’ll take it.

Radman Thanks this.
  7. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    oh yeah, we're neighbors. And if you work at the McLane Foodservice that's more east (near the fed ex building and RR line) and not the one where the roads split, we actually worked in the same building. (not at same time).

it's a crazy market here

Between the oil fields, the crazy economy and actually pissing clean. (plus people willing to do with our idiotic traffic). yeah, you can go your own way for sure.

Mike2633, Radman and Cardfan89 Thank this.
  8. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    No ones willing to physically work nowadays. Heck yeah I’ll take the money.

Mike2633 and Cardfan89 Thank this.
  9. Cardfan89

Cardfan89 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Missouri
    We are short 2 guys no body wants this gig also every other food house in town is hiring. Reinhart 10k sign on bonus pfg 2500 and sysco 5k so it's kinda hard to get guys without that seems like

Mike2633 and Radman Thank this.
  10. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    We just had (2) new guys start this week, the one guy is the brother of one of our other drivers and is well known. The other guy used to work for us before and was in a lot of people's eyes wrongfully terminated and management was able to get him off the black list.

11. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I've got 21,000lbs tomorrow, what for a Monday?
    I've got help though and it was because they decided not to run a 3rd truck at our eastern drop yard, the one boss called me and said yeah they should have ran the third truck out at the eastern yard. Our eastern yard has 4 trucks and they only ran 2 of them and they could have ran a third one it wasn't a driver shortage problem it was one of those they cut a route when they shouldn't have type deals.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.