The Fuel Hauler Thread

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Cali kid, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    He is a driver good dude, he's a driver and trainer he rolls in the only snub nose western star United Oil has.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Miguel562

Miguel562 Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Nah I don't know him the only guy I know that drives
    Long beard? Bald head? Lol. He's the only guy I see that drives that truck. He's not my trainer but he has gave me a lot of pointers. Real cool guy.

Cali kid Thanks this.
  4. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    How in the hell do you go to the station and not empty the truck?

5. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    Yikes. I suppose the mind is capable of some great and scary things? I catch myself at times on autopilot doing the same runs day after day but that's just when I'm cruising. Once I get to the delivery, it's refreshing mentally bc I get to do something besides drive. I dunno that guy must've had a few things going on upstairs to not unload the truck. Did he pull out hoses, get a veeder root, stick the tanks? Must've been some very attractive European ladies having an issue finding the gas fill on their car

moloko Thanks this.
  6. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    Plus i wonder if the truck had a suspension gauge. I always checked that "on board scale" after unloading and tapped the tanks. If not, you've gotta notice the truck dragging ###. Like I said, poor fella had other things on his mind.

Miguel562 Thanks this.
  7. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    Man, are you sure it wasn't just one compartment that was still loaded? Sometimes the hose airlocks on you and you think it's empty, but then bad things happen when you climb on top and do that retain check.

I want to hear more about this cryogenic stuff. Apparently Cali Kid is now close, personal friends with Elon Musk, and they're spending hours together each week developing the Hyperloop. .....

Cali kid Thanks this.
  8. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    The story they tell is the whole truck. Take it for what it's worth I guess. And yes Cali kid won't be posting as much, he's training for his Mars mission. God speed buddy!

Cali kid Thanks this.
  9. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    That's him lol he is one of the few original United oil guys they have from before sentinel took over.

plant and Miguel562 Thank this.
  10. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    You guys are too much lol I might have to start a new tread. This cryo stuff is alot more mental then physical, you have to remember alot more steps and read/adjust for pressure. Like fuel establishing a routine is very important.

plant Thanks this.
  11. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    For real dude it's been like 6 months and there are only a few original drivers left?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.