The Fuel Hauler Thread

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Cali kid, Jul 28, 2015.

1. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    That's how it goes. This is why I will never be a day shift driver. Too much BS at those loading racks on the day shift. Good luck with the trainer. I hate being with a trainer, there's nothing better than being alone all day at work. Lots of peace of mind for sure. I hope your training period goes smooth and is finished quickly.

homeskillet Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    IMG_5679.JPG IMG_5741.JPG Just found this thread. Started hauling fuel about 2.5 months ago in northern Cali

4. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    So how you liking it so far driver, and what did you haul before?

5. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I hauled flatbed and woodchips mostly. I like it a lot. There's a lot more risk involved compared to other things I've done but I like it

Weeble Kneeble, Cali kid and moloko Thank this.
  6. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    Congrats! What a sharp looking Pete. I hope those guys pay you by the hour. And with that risk spiel... you know that anything that will get you killed in a petroleum tanker, will probably kill you driving any other commercial vehicle. ..

7. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    I can tell Rugerfan is new at it based on the picture. Look at him using the spill bucket like a good paranoid driver, almost as if the head of Safety is hiding out in the bushes, watching him, breathing heavily and spying on him with the binoculars. Snapping photos of him with his "smart phone" for their surprise evaluation. Give it some time, Rugerfan. Not only will you ditch the bucket , but you'll be like hell no I am not sticking the tank anymore because the veeder root says the load fits!!!!!

Rugerfan and homeskillet Thank this.
  8. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Yeah, I get along well with him, but the carding is taking FOREVER! Seems everywhere wants to watch you do three loads now. What happened to the days of "Hey, he's with me, hook him up with a loading card, would ya?"

I know, "post-9/11, keeping us safe, blah, blah".....

moloko Thanks this.
  9. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    moloko Thanks this.
  10. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    I've offloaded plenty of ethanol at Kinder Morgan Chico, that's for sure. I like that rack

11. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    Whaddaya guys know about Interstate Oil , based in Sacramento ? I hear good things about them. Sharp fleet

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.