the fuel islands have all congealed

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by shatteredsquare, Apr 10, 2018.

1. win-some-loose-less

win-some-loose-less Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Mount Vernon tx
    I refuse to stop at that cluster F.. the chick manager that was there a few years ago really tried to move the yahoos off the islands but she went to work at a loves. to bad, she was a cutie. since then I fuel elsewhere, I’ll pay more for fuel just to dodge that craphole.. 100 gallons at .10 more per gallon is only $10.. worth it to fuel elsewhere since I put such a high price tag on MY TIME.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

In theory it was easier to do a pre-trip under the lights of the fuel island than whatever dark hole in the lot you spent the night, but now that eLogs track every movement?

I mean, I've tried to creep from my spot to the fuel island without tripping the drive line but it's insane, it takes forever at 4mph.

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  4. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    lol, you can wait 45 min for fuel that's a penny a gal cheaper, or go across the street and not wait.

5. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Also, if you fuel at the end of your 10, there's less fuel in your tanks for someone to steal while you are in the sleeper.....

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    200 gallons on mine, every 3 days.

Now, we have one pump in our yard that always shows about 1/3 of what you actually pumped. Nothing like showing you only used 40 gallons to go 800 miles. :laughing6:

7. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    That'll get the IFTA folks all knotted up...

8. Infosaur

Why? They'd only spend it on bike paths and HOV lanes anyway.

(BTW, am I the only person that's frosted about that boondoggle running south from D.C. on 95? All that money and time and now it's only for the privileged few.)

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I saw that on my last trip to FL. All that used to be HOV lanes, but now they made it toll lanes.

10. Infosaur

"What did you think it would be free? Bwahahahahh!" ~ every politician ever.:evil3:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.