The Ice Road Trucking Show

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by GasHauler, Jun 4, 2012.

1. thankgod

thankgod Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2012
    mesa,az
    where's lisa kelly, did she go to swift--lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

PLAYBOY Express :)

4. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Actually Maya is now doing truck shows and modeling.

Not to bad in a bikini for a trucker (course you haven't seen me in a bikini!)

http://www.mayasieber.com/

Lisa is probably barefoot and pregnant! Only reason I can think of for her not showing up!

Gashauler, you hit the nail on the head! Hugh and Rick are backwood supertruckers who are only good at beating the absolute hell outta trucks!

I do believe Alex is a real driver.

I am sure there are some drivers for Carlisle that know what they are doing however for the most part they are going to show the idiots! Its Television! In the first episode this season when the two "Duke boys" were bobtailing through the woods didn't you notice the over play and sliding around corners, only to see Polar Blob slide off into the ditch and then numbnutz completely destroy the truck he just bought trying to snatch him out FORWARD!

Yes its entertainment and personally I love watching it for the scenery and Alex's wisdom. He's a tough ol' Canuck!

5. Biscuit75

Biscuit75 Road Train Member

No, it isn't.

Like all of the seasons, I gave the first episode a try. Made it to the point where Hugh and Rick are hotdogging on the rough icy road and trying to explain how it can bite you in the ssa. Yeah, when you drive like an elohssa! I laughed at what an idiot he was trying to "drift" the corners and ran off the road. That's also the last point at which I will see any bit more of this God awful program.

6. thankgod

thankgod Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2012
    mesa,az
    how did some of those guys pass the dot physical

Motownfire Thanks this.
  7. FLATBED

Lisa might have OPTED out of this season ,others have skipped a year or so in the past. Like when they change the areas that its filmed in , gives you a look at different scenery and aspects of trucking in it.

This season Alex is with MANITOULIN Transport its a Ontario Canada based outfit thats been expanding more and more into Western and Northern Ontario.

8. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Ya, did you see Alex's new Prostar? I laughed like hell when that thing threw a code and shut down! A had a Volvo Lemon80 that did the same #### thing. Every time a sensor went off the truck would shut down and I would have to pay for a tow truck! 99% of the time it was just a bad sensor.

9. FLATBED

Well lets see if a DOG TEAM can pull the PROSTAR , poor old Alex had a few breakdowns last year as well with the old junk he was driving.

10. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Does anyone know about what they make? Figure the runs are pretty much all under 300 miles. If its taking them 12 hours to run those roads and they really can't go that fast. Actually 300 miles is probably high but for argument sake will leave it at that. I know that Hugh is just starting this year getting percentage so that isn't how they did it in the past. They also boast about the most "loads" not miles so I wonder if they are just getting lump sum per load or what?

Anyone???

11. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Are the non tv stars making big money up there?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.