The Indiana State Police - "Effective immediately .......

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Verdel, Jan 8, 2018.

1. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    When they load me and I am in my sleeper then I log that I am in the sleeper. If I log that I am on duty while in the sleeper typing this, for a simple instance, I would be falsifying.

besides: (1) All time at a plant, terminal, facility, or other property of a motor carrier or shipper, or on any public property, waiting to be dispatched, unless the driver has been relieved from duty by the motor carrier;

So what's the problem with being relieved? Does it have to be in writing? No problem.

Studebaker Hawk and spyder7723 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Anyone notice these carrier enforcement agencies are getting hard up for tickets to write ? While the 4 wheelers get away with murder .
    Buck off Indiana !

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    God forbid one should log a 30 minute break during the hour or so that it’s taking him to get loaded or unloaded while he’s probably standing around twiddling his thumbs anyway.

Oh, the humanity. We sure wouldn’t want a driver to get done and home a half hour earlier. :rolleyes:

5. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

When i pulled a van down to south jersey, there was a diner literally outside the customer and i would occasionally go for breakfast while unloading/loading. Logged as off duty. Now the only way i see that being truthful in leo eyes is to show a receipt. Thats where i have a problem. Thats my breakfast time. Im not doing anything illegal and im correctly logging it. Leo, sir, master! You are just going to have to take my word for it, because im not showing a non work related receipt to you.

Hammer166 and bzinger Thank this.
  6. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    These jackoffs are going to work themselves out of a job .
    And they are SOL if I ever see em in trouble ...il drive right on by em .

wore out, whoopNride and Broke Down 69 Thank this.
  7. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Hell, I was at that point several years ago...

8. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Some of us have longer fuses I guess lol.

Broke Down 69 Thanks this.
  9. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    For me, it was a state cop. Car turns in front of me as I'm rolling out of town and is pulling away as we met the cop going the other way. He flips around and lights me up, so I hit the 4-ways and eased on up the road about a mile to a large gravel lot to get off the 2-lane with no shoulder. He accused me of going 62 in a 55, and I asked him about the car ahead of me pulling away. "I had him clocked at 57." BS. Since when does a 57 mph car pull away from a 62 mph truck? "Well, we've been getting a lot of complaints about you coal haulers going in & out of that mine back there..." I'd never been to that coal mine. I was empty, and my last load was rock. The complaints WEREN'T about ME. "...it would look bad on ME if I were to let you off with a warning, so here's your ticket." Yeah, and that BS ticket doesn't look bad for me? F you, buddy. That act of kindness I showed by getting off the road making YOUR job easier didn't buy me an ounce of good will. You wrote me a ticket for the car's speed without giving a #### that I wasn't speeding...so now, you light me up and I'm stopping. I don't care if there is a pull-off a mile up the road, and we're half way through a blind curve just over the top of a hill. If you get run over during the course of the stop, that's your problem...not mine. I'll sit in my truck and look up the non-emergency number for whatever department you're out of to report it. As far as I'm concerned, it isn't an emergency...just an a-hole with a badge finding out the hard way that the badge won't protect him from everything.

10. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On

Hammer166 Thanks this.
  11. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl

You do realize this attitude because of one bad encounter with an officer is no different than people lumping all truck drivers together don't you? Basically you are now that city banning truck parking because a Werner driver once tossed his garbage on the curb.

mpd240, Oxbow and Blackshack46 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.