The journey begins - purchased a truck.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by blairandgretchen, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Yousername

Yousername Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2022
    Unprofessional attitude is another area where a lot of drivers need to improve. But I suppose they go hand in hand. Seldom do you see a professional looking driver spouting off about how he told the broker this or told the shipper that.

Maybe you’ve stumbled onto a correlation @staceydude

cke, Boondock, JoeyJunk and 6 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    I have the job I want, see that’s something very few get while the career company driver is jockeying for position in hopes to move up....owner operators have reached the top. They have no where farther to go. No matter how much you expand or downsize your at the head of it. Sure some guys take a really good job and sell out......even if they were successful it wasn’t the job they wanted, while others mash their motor to the very end.

I do understand wanting to be professional as well as expecting your peers to be professional. If I show up to load cattle in a uniform I guarantee ya they’ll call whom ever necessary to put me in a straight jacket. 1 size doesn’t fit all in this industry

BoostedTeg, cke, RedForeman and 16 others Thank this.
  4. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    All hat, no cattle comes to mind.

You only get one chance to make a first impression, but that impression goes far beyond looks.

In your line of work and mine as well, the first ten minutes of watching a fella go about his business usually speaks volumes.

cke, haycarter, PoleCrusher and 18 others Thank this.
  5. staceydude

staceydude Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2020
    Your in your uniform every day, the one that suits what you do.

cke, PoleCrusher, Boondock and 8 others Thank this.
  6. wore out

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Absolutely

cke, haycarter, PoleCrusher and 6 others Thank this.
  7. Yousername

Aug 30, 2022
    What will they do when a driver shows up in 4XL basketball shorts, some crocs and a T shirt with honey mustard stains smelling worse than the cows poop chute?

cke, Boondock, Siinman and 3 others Thank this.
  8. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    lol, maybe load them faster? :D

9. Yousername

Aug 30, 2022
    I respect you. I really do, but first impressions are almost always made on looks. Now, that’s not to say you won’t be surprised because you misjudged someone. That happens pretty frequently, but you form opinions pretty quick based on outward appearance. Least I do. But we’ve already established I’m a judgmental sob

cke, dwells40, Feedman and 4 others Thank this.
  10. Yousername

Aug 30, 2022
    Maybe.

cke, Feedman, Siinman and 3 others Thank this.
  11. wore out

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    See your confusing sloppy and nasty with clean casual attire. That’s the point I’m driving at. Clean and casual nothing wrong with. Just cause a guy wears casual attire doesn’t make him a slob.

Whay bout the guy that wears the same “uniform” all week? Is he suddenly more pleasant and professional then the well kept casual dressed driver? I know which one I rather have in my office or pull their truck in shop

High Stepper, cke, Siinman and 7 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.