The most ridiculously expensive equipment you've hauled.

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by jerezxp7, Sep 12, 2015.

1. jerezxp7

jerezxp7 Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2007
    oregon
    I was told this hogg Davis cable reel was 123 thousand. 20150910_130116.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    You could have used 5 more straps and 17 bungees to secure that better...:eek::p:D

I just don't think about it. Like 35k for a concrete box. Don't want to know about the bridge beams.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I think pleading the 5th Amendment would be a good post.

S M D, Straight Stacks and lester Thank this.
  5. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    I once hauled a jet turbine for the co-gen plant at the University of Florida (Go GATORS!). When I arrived, the crane crew was on lunch break, so I half jokingly (I was a crane operator many moons ago....) offered to run the 100 ton Liebherr that they had waiting.
    The project manager kinda chuckled and said "Ah, no thanks. I don't think you really want to be responsible if you happened to damage that $1.3 million dollar turbine."
    I promptly agreed with him....:cool:

6. Pipe 40

Pipe 40 Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Toowoomba Queensland
    The moulds those boxes are made in is maybe twice that

jerezxp7 Thanks this.
  7. Flashdrive7

Flashdrive7 Medium Load Member

Apr 24, 2015
    West Coast
    A load of Tequila from El Paso to Phoenix.It was bound for Vegas but I only took it halfway and another guy repowered it. Something like half a mil

jerezxp7 Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Had a driver with a load of whiskey he picked up in New York City, rearend me in Nashville, TN.
    Whiskey was pouring out the drains in the nose of the trailer. Both trucks were drivable, but he did have a smashed hood. He said the whiskey load was a drop & hook in Arkansas and he wasn't going to report it; just do a drop & hook and keep rolling.
    All it did to my trailer was bend the unload pipe on the dry bulk tanker trailer.

Dye Guardian and jerezxp7 Thank this.
  9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Hauled a gear for a ski lift from California to New York state to a ski resort on top of a mountain; little two lane road. Don't know the cost but had to be very expensive. High grade steel and was so big had to set it on the step deck at an angle so not to be too high. Even then it hung over on both sides; one side up in the air and the other below the deck.

jerezxp7 Thanks this.
  10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I work for a plastic sheet/trash bag manufacturer. I picked up a dry van full of brand new production equipment (extruders, folders etc.) from a custom machine manufacturer. He said the value of each machine was between $400,000 and $600,000, and would require months to reproduce. So my load was not only worth millions, but could have shut down some upgrade plans had I not safely made it to the plant. Good thing I didn't feel like screwing them over that week:rolleyes:

Dominick253, jerezxp7 and Mudguppy Thank this.
  11. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Not sure,.. they said this was an expensive tug tractor. :D
    Reagan National sold it to a smaller airport in Albany Ny.

[​IMG]

I've moved million dollar equipment,.. I dont even think about that end of it much.

When I did reefer work, I picked up 4 small pallets (Think 2 high) that had some boxes of raw Stevia. They were going to Brown Cow Greek Yogurt. They said those 4 pallets is all the sweetener they would use for the next 4 years. 1 small tea spoon would sweeten like 500,000 units or some ridiculous amount of product like that. Valued at $250k a pallet.

Hurst

Dye Guardian and jerezxp7 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.