The new Walmart fleet vs. the old.

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by 345_Magnum, Feb 12, 2018.

1. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    i wouldnt worry about what sam would think, hes burning in hell lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Voyager55

Voyager55 Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2018
    Why would say such a terrible thing about Mr. Sam? You should be ashamed of yourself!

RandForeman and foggy Thank this.
  4. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    Are the Walmart doubles I have been seeing a new thing? I don't remember ever seeing them until just recently...

5. Voyager55

Jan 19, 2018
    No, been around a long time

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  6. 345_Magnum

345_Magnum Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Area 51
    The Hurricane doubles began in March 1998 and will permanently end on March 9th, 2018.

RandForeman Thanks this.
  7. Hammerdowntrucker

Hammerdowntrucker Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2017
    20 years and gone just like that. So will the fleet soon.

BigHossVolvo Thanks this.
  8. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Up here in Canada, Walmart has always used the lowest bidder carriers (Bison, TransX, CNTL), They were starting to established a fleet about 5-6 years ago (maybe sooner, but thats when I noticed them) and from what i'm told, they got treated pretty well; everyone wanted to work there.

Now they are on a hiring blitz, and paying less than Bison or TransX, all Slip Seat part time.....crazy.

When I was at Bison, once it became common knowledge I could backup, and get a trailer into a door without issues (the standard Bison driver, takes 30-45 mins to hit a door at a Walmart store). I was condemned to nothing but Walmart multi-drops, usually multi-temp reefer. They also made you take a highway tractor and a 53, into places like 6th Street Walmart in New West Minister Vancouver BC, or The Westgate Walmart in Edmonton AB; most guys lost their safety bonus's over those 2 stores.

Their even taking it to the next level of cheap, and hiring outfits like CPX, New Way Trucking, NorthX, Goliath Tractor Service, etc etc etc. (pretty unbelieveable TBH)

So chalk up another good trucking job, gone right to ####! Just like the private grocery store fleets (Safeway/Sobeys/Coop)

Triumph 1 Thanks this.
  9. Voyager55

Jan 19, 2018
    I,ll bet your Edmonton and Vancover stores are no worse than a couple down here in Orlando, Atlanta and Birmingham Al. S*×tty neighborhood mks, with a half empty 53ft. and a Freightliner Columbia? They never cared how much we hate delivering to those kind of stores, how stressful and upsetting the experience is or how much money we might loose dicking around in city bumper to bumper traffic. Sucks!

BigHossVolvo Thanks this.
  10. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    You pretty much nailed it, they could give a ####. They finally had to stop sending highway trucks to the New West one, as they finally realized a highway tractor with a sleeper, will not fit with a 53'er lol. Of course they smashed up a bunch of ####, and made 2 dozen drivers lose their safety bonus/safe driving miles to do it. Don't wanna pay for Day Cabs to take over, so the name of the game is to have highway do everything, with no hourly or waiting pay, for the first 4 hours after arriving. Lose your #### ###!!!

11. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Store 4504 Palisades Ave Birmingham.

Just a bundle of fun. Make sure you take the second driveway, and drive under the parking deck. Go in the laundry next door and get the people who parked in the dock and in front of it to move, then get the guy that decided to park in front of your truck while you did that to move, give up and have the store come out and block, watch them almost get mowed down by the ditz on Twatface post how this big #### truck is stopping her from getting her chicken fingers.............

However that store does huge sales so it is not going anywhere.

Store 3619 Hixson Pike Chattanooga..........Yeah I don't have the words for the turn into that store. Can not count how many times just as you get traffic cleared here comes a customer around the back blocking you out leaving your trailer blocking the main road.

And then there is 1469 Gunbarrel rd Gro side is easy. GM side is an Orwellian nightmare.

However they can be delivered, and we are paid to get in there. They can not all be easy. You have to put the Neighborhood Markets in the neighborhood. Nature of the beast.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.