The Northeast

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Clara3, Oct 20, 2019.

1. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I will run the northeast. It doesn't intimidate at all, but it is a headache. It takes a lot out of me navigating this part of the country. It's more detailed trip planning. Truck stops are very limited. I usually order Chinese or wings to the truck if in Massachusetts or Long Island somewhere. Oftentimes, if I get a load going that way, i end up stuck there a few days or get a low mileage load coming out. After a few days in the NE, hometime starts looking real good!

D.Tibbitt, x1Heavy and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is one guilty pleasure running the NE, actually two.

First in season is syrup. You have to wait on the trees a while at a little store under a mountain that I used to pick mine up at. And molasses rum. Take me a year to go through a bottle.

But the Syrup oh me oh my. Here in Arkansas best I can do is a bit of Mississippi Syrup out of their trees one state over where I get them. And there is a Amish Store that sells honey and a couple of other good things locally in season near Heber. You can get a big rig around and out on their gravel, just need to watch like three roads worth of cars coming at you.

D.Tibbitt and bzinger Thank this.
  4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Why?

Because they like to create drama.

bfd, New York is the same as la, Chicago but not as bad as Atlanta.

Vic Firth and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I don't know if I would say running in NYC is the same as Chicago. It's not nearly as hard to trip plan in Chicago

bzinger Thanks this.
  6. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    That's a nice benefit of owning a few sugar maple trees. If one wants to spend some time boiling the sap to make the maple syrup, it's a fun way to spend a Saturday with the kids.

I did it last spring outside over a fire. I had 40 gallons of sap from three trees, and it was an all day affair to boil it down to net about a gallon of syrup. I actually took a road trip to Wellsboro one Saturday to see how it's done commercially. One fellow claimed he could boil 4000 gallons of sap per hour. He had an old milk tanker outside filled with sap,with a two inch line feeding the Rolls-Royce of evaporators. Said the evaporator cost him $75k. Pfft. I can't even come anywhere close to something like that. Maybe someday.....

x1Heavy and bzinger Thank this.
  7. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I can't remember ever actually going to a party in New Orleans, just partied at bars.

You can have a blast in either , but less people in the smaller generally, so you actually get aquainted with more people it seems like, plus you do wing up going to parties and some good ones at times. lol
    There is always a crawfish boil or fish fry, or just a good skinny dipping party going on somewhere. ol

TravR1 Thanks this.
  8. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Some beautiful views here in the NorthEast. Up to you if you dont want to see them.
    100_0087.JPG 100_0648.JPG 100_0652.JPG IMG_20120608_133248.jpg Park bench.jpg Sugarloaf.jpg

9. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  10. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Meh, that is Hog Bay road in Franklin. Dont worry, trucks only enter the Sullivan side. No one bothers with htat road anymore since the hatchery went bankrupt.

TravR1 Thanks this.
  11. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Sad.

It looks like a road that wants to eat my CDL alive. If I drove up it, I would assume I would be backing out a few miles after driving up it and seeing its a dead end.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.