The PERFECT Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Ryroco, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Tumbleweed TowMan

Tumbleweed TowMan Medium Load Member

Jun 22, 2022
    Multi-pump right there, gas & lite-class diesel/def.

Also nice would be a center-isle lite-class diesel with slave pump for the many twin tank commercial trucks; but those 2nd lane in from the end cap pumps, where the rv multi would be (keeps lite out of heavy lane)

There's my 81¢ worth of wish.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kshaw0960

Kshaw0960 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Perfect truck stop… wide spaces, green grass, concrete lot with well marked spots. Well lit, clean restrooms, great coffee, and while we are dreaming, healthier quick food options.

4. Kshaw0960

Kshaw0960 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2018
    I’ve actually day dreamed that there was a weight scale or sensor on the fuel islands that can tell if a truck is there or not. Above each parking spot is a timer. When you drive on the pump area it starts counting. When you drive off it goes back to zero.

This way when all 8 diesel pumps are full, and you pull in, you can quickly identify which truck is most likely to move forward next. And if you reach longer than a set time, let’s say 15 min? A bar pops up and you are fined $20 that is given on the reward points card of the driver next to get on the same fuel island pump.

5. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Heritage ridge in Waupon, WI, or Abbyland in Curtis, WI

6. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Large selection of healthy food. Plenty of spacious parking. A fuel island bouncer monitoring 24/7. The bouncer is chosen for his zero tolerance attitude. He is given a bonus for each legitimate bounce, on top of his generous salary.

7. Ryroco

Ryroco Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2022
    I’m actually in the development stages of building a travel plaza and just looking for feedback on what the perfect location would look like. Thanks all!

8. Another Canadian driver

Another Canadian driver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    Great choices.
    Add valet parking.

Ryroco Thanks this.
  9. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Petro from the late 90s. But honestly, any more it doesn't matter to me much. I only use them for fuel, showers, and parking.

Loves was pretty decent about 5 years ago before everyone started fueling there. They used to be so quick and easy to get in and out of.

10. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I would rather see the truck stop own a tow truck and tow those parked at the fuel isle as the driver goes in, take a shower and crap, shop for stupid crap, get a soda drink and cheese burger, and bs with the boys while in line to pay for the crap he buys.

11. High Stepper

High Stepper Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2022
    Square One
    These are my observations over the last decade on truck drivers at truck stops. Use these suggestions to make the PERFECT truck stop.

1. Only have pull through parking spots.
    2. A flip flop exchange program.
    3. Clothing sizes starting in XXXL and increasing (preferably gym shorts, t shirts, and sweatpants)
    4. Curbside delivery of food at the fuel island (to prevent drivers from getting any unnecessary exercise).
    5. A section for GPS windshield mounts, at least three to a pack.
    6. Obviously a vaping section.
    7. No need for showers, let's use that space for bathroom sinks for feet washing.
    8. Cat litter by the parking spots to absorb the urine smell.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.