The shortest OTR trip I ever made.....

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by BrandonCDLdriver, Feb 12, 2018.

1. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    One time I made a trip that was like 15 miles, I thought that was short. Today topped that.

I had to make sure to bring an empty, pick up a loaded, deliver the loaded for a live unload and then do an empty call. All of this for a trip of..............A TENTH OF A MILE. I kid you not. I took this trailer from one building on this road over a single building. Loaded miles: 1

And I had to drive 15 miles to do this and then found a company truck just sitting in the parking lot when I got here. HE could have gone get this trailer and bring it over here. I was in the parking lot of another pickup I STILL have to do today when I got this T-call of a tenth of a mile. But it wasn't due until 2pm so I sat in a snow covered parking lot for 5 hours waiting to unload this trailer that I'd hauled across country a tenth of a mile. Now my original load will be late. But it's not my fault.

alds Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Don't you just love being paid by the mile. Oh, but it's so much better than hourly pay for trucker. At least that's what some here swear by...

alds Thanks this.
  4. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Well if you can find another 1000 drops like that one you''ll earn enough for the week i guess.

alds Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.