The Truckers’ Report flatbed Hall of Shame.

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by MACK E-6, Dec 11, 2017.

1. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

100 bucks says thier Google search has "How to secure mini excavator" in the history.

Todd727, PoleCrusher, LTL Bull and 7 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. INRUT

INRUT Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Nope, they YouTubed that, google maps for directions & eta. Probably a job site delivery not on google maps yet. They might still be sitting there trying to figure out where to go.

misterG, PoleCrusher, cke and 2 others Thank this.
  4. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    Be that as it may, I can only go by what I see, and I see straps, I see their shadows because the sun is high and from the right shining down. As reference, the trees to the left have the same shadow alignment. You should see, considering the size of those 'logs', a fairly decent sized banding, and black or dark blued steel being the standard, it should stick out like a sore thumb against those 'logs' especially between the upper and lower 'logs' where the banding would have stick out because of the transition from the one diameter to the lesser under it. I just don't see it. Doesn't mean it's not there, but from that photo...there isn't a visible clue that those are banded...so I'll have to stick by what I can see. :)
    As an aside, 'logs' are stackable, especially if they're strapped right away, which those two stacks on top of front and back groups could have been done, otherwise, why weren't they just laid out flat? It would have been a better and tighter strapping capable other than leaving that wide area with no strap contact to hold the ones underneath. Just sayin'.

PoleCrusher and cke Thank this.
  5. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Banding or no banding, the big issue I saw that can’t be ignored is the soft flimsy dunnage. Looks like some of it has already snapped and those broken pieces can easily go flying. Not to mention what it does to the load. That alone made the picture worthy of this thread.

D.Tibbitt, CAXPT, PoleCrusher and 4 others Thank this.
  6. stwik

stwik Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2017
    USA USA USA!!!
    Between not having a bucket and having minimal fuel….something tells me they ain’t going to a job site.

7. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    I hauled those little ones with chains before. #### that. Next time they are getting straps. 3 4” straps are good for over 30k worth of freight. I think they will be fine on 2 2500 pound excavators.

cke, Kyle G., CAXPT and 2 others Thank this.
  8. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    Strongly agree. What we can see, is damaged soft wood becoming a hazard on it's own.

cke and Kyle G. Thank this.
  9. BackwoodsGA

BackwoodsGA Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Elgin Nd
    Earlier today..another. Mercer moment.

Attached Files:

cke, Kyle G., CAXPT and 1 other person Thank this.
  10. Todd727

Todd727 Light Load Member

Jun 7, 2021
    Do you know where I can pick up some of those transparent straps? They don't look like they fade as much as the yellow ones.

cke, Kyle G. and CAXPT Thank this.
  11. BackwoodsGA

BackwoodsGA Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Elgin Nd
    He moved around with 3 straps on a 48 foot load.

cke, Kyle G. and CAXPT Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.