The Truckers’ Report flatbed Hall of Shame.

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by MACK E-6, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Well perhaps if he wasn't trying to pass in the no passing zone, he would have seen the signs showing the divided highway approaching.

If he would have waited another 30 seconds he would have had his very own hammer lane.

He had no less than 2 dozen chances to pass me. It's fairly deserted out there.

At least 6 times he got in the other lane to pass, and just stayed there.

I'm thinkin your boy definitely didn't have it all together.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    And I understand you like your coffee like your women, black and bitter.

That's why I like mine light and sweet.

7-UP, 4mer trucker, misterG and 2 others Thank this.
  4. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I am noticing that a lot more lately, truckers jumping out to the left lane and hanging there for miles. I guess they princessly expect all traffic in the right lane to notice them and slow down accordingly to allow their slower princess butts to get in front of the pack..

It probably worked for them before because there is this old leftover courtesy thing about slowing down for passing traffic-- key word, "passing" but these slower governed trucks have gamed the system by jumping out to the left lane thereby guilt tripping faster right lane traffic to slow down for them even though when they do get out front they are generally slower...

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  5. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    I've seen a lot of weird stuff out here. I'm not Methusala of the highway, but that was definitely one for the books.

The other was Joe NZ in the 900 coming around the curve in my lane on US54 screaming at Joe Hood that he didn't care if he lived or died, and probably would have if I'd not gone by him in the e lane at 60. He was probably doing 60ish.

Both of them were flatbeds.

Feedman, stwik and Lepton1 Thank this.
  6. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    I hate it when somebody thinks they should control how I should drive by blocking a lane or adjusting their speed. If I can pass and go a few miles per hour faster than you that's my proactive. It's America and I'm a free man. I can make my own decisions and I don't want somebody else dictating to me. Now the western express guy. He's just stupid

Woodys, stwik and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  7. Gumper

Gumper Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Butte, MT
    I hate getting stuck behind the low 60s drivers. I’m always running Mach 2 with my hair on fire because I have to get to the receiver to unload before they close, or I have to poop. No in between.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  8. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    What i'm completely surprised at is how they haven't moved 1 inch.

9. stwik

stwik Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2017
    USA USA USA!!!
    I’m pretty sure Western Express is the SWIFT of flatbed...

Had one pass me in Houston like I was standing still last night... he was pulled over by two DOT and a sheriff just south of the construction on I69/US59...
    Must’ve been doing 70-75 when he passed me in a 60mph zone. And then probably did that all the way through the active 55mph construction zone.

Justice boner commence.

PoleCrusher, Rugerfan, SAR and 2 others Thank this.
  10. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    He only had 23 minutes left to get to the truck stop.

7-UP, 4mer trucker, stwik and 3 others Thank this.
  11. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    Man I got a great one. So good I almost thought about taking the phone off it's mount and taking the picture, even while driving in DeBeque Canyon.

One of those smaller vans. (Ford Transit? not a full size).

a brand new water heater in the cardboard box. 5' tall by 2' wide by 2' wide.

doesn't fit in the van so they strapped to the back doors, on the outside with 2 two inch straps (crossed which was even odder)

Driving down I70 at 65mph (or more, passed me)

What happens when the bottom of the box fails?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.