The Weirdest Food Russian Tsars Ate

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    [​IMG]
    The weirdest food Russian tsars ate - Russia Beyond
    Russia Beyondrussian-kitchen/331189-weirdest-food-russian-tsars-ate
    6 days ago · The weirdest food Russian tsars ate - Russia Beyond Foreign guests in Russia were awed at the strange, but delicious dishes they saw and tasted at a Russian tsar’s table. Roasted swans, pigs...

mhyn Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    13 Weird Foods Every Russian Has Eaten At Least Once - Narcity
    Narcityweird-foods-every-russian-has-eaten...
    • Author: Nicole Kalashnikova
      1. Selyodka Pod Shuboy // Layered Herring Salad. Translated "herring under a fur coat", this salad is …
      2. Seledka s lukom // Herring and onions. What can I say, Russians love herring. I'm personally not …
      3. Holodets // Meat jelly. Yup, that's right. Instead of jello shots, Russians have their meat jelly. The …
      4. Salo. Raw pig fat. Enough said. And no, it's nothing close to bacon. Photo cred - youtube.
      See all full list on narcity.com

4. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    This food weird only for MacDonald's nation. Many north European countries share the same food with some local deviation in preparation recipes.
    Pickled herring is the famous Norwegian and Dutch food ingredient.
    #3 Holodets is just aspic. You can buy it in any store where locals with German or Holland roots. I had it in SC food store
    Salo is fatback. Personally I do prefer Hungarian style with lot of paprika or German style with thyme

mhyn and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  5. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    these foods are not weird. Normal food. This is what I eat. Some of these foods are seasonal.
    I don't like kishka and vinaigrette beet salad. Olivier is much better but no need to put bologna in it. Instead of bologna my wife uses low fat cooked ground beef with black pepper seasoning.

Snailexpress and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    Herring and onions is good when outside is cold. It goes with ice cold vodka ))))

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  7. Snailexpress

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    With ice cold vodka outside temperature doesn't matter. Isn't you make money enough to buy good air conditioner?
    :blob8::blob2::blob3::blob5::blob6::blob7::blob4:

mhyn Thanks this.
  8. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    honestly I don't like drinking in Los Angeles. I don't know what is the problem the low altitude or the heat. After half bottle I don't feel good. We go to Frazier park and do party there. Winter time at Frazier park I can drink a 0.75l bottle of vodka and won't be drunk.
    I will try to make the room cold and try drinking. I have my dublenka in closet. I will wear it, put my ushanka and drink with friends... ))))))

FlaSwampRat and Snailexpress Thank this.
  9. Snailexpress

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    I switched to drink 1800 tequila years ado. Tequila taste reminds me my grandma samogon. Even in Utah high elevation altitude can consume 0.75 and be OK next morning. Of course good friends and food must be.

mhyn Thanks this.
  10. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    Tequilla's taste close to mulberry vodka's taste. My brother sent me two bottles of home made mulberry and cornelian cherry vodkas. The best vodkas ! Usually I drink Stolichnaya Elit, Beluga or Grey Goose.
    Yeah Utah is the right place to practice alcoholism ;-)

FlaSwampRat and Snailexpress Thank this.
  11. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    this list is missing something. the eggplant caviar. Very weird food. looool

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.