The WORST Shippers and Receivers - Truckers WILL NOT Buy Their Products!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by WiseOne, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Harley1

Harley1 Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Somersworth New Hampshire
    International paper Prattville AL. Sat and waited for 6 to 7 Hours just to get assigned a dock then ounc at dock it was shift change had to wait 2 hours to get unloaded all for a scrap load. Have not been back since and will never go back.

mje Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jinx

Jinx Light Load Member

My hubby and I have spent plenty of time waiting in docks to get loaded and unloaded, so when I had the chance to volunteer for some extra hours on the receiving dock of the distribution warehouse where I'm working now I figured 'what the heck, I'll make some overtime and find out why I had to wait so many times when I was driving OTR.'

Well, I found out all right. I unloaded three 53' trailers that had been stuffed to the roof with un-palletized packages (these were store returns delivered to us by UPS), and I unloaded each trailer by myself, pushing each box down a roller to another worker outside the truck to be palletized. It took me two hours per truck.

Only two hours unload a 53' trailer one box at a time.

All the regular recieving workers were giving me nasty glares and I even had a few tell me to slow down cause I was making them look bad. I'm a five-foot nothing woman.

So I've come to the conclusion that the only real reason that I ever had to wait for more than two hours while being unloaded - for someone to pull 20 or so pallets off with a forklift - is pure laziness.

4. Etosha

Etosha World Citizen

Aug 19, 2007
    Edmonton, AB
    Exactly correct Jinx!
    I once had a 53' with boxes stacked from floor to ceiling. I backed into the dock at a shopping mall, and with a fellow dock worker and 2 pallet jacks we loaded all boxes onto skids, used the pallet jack to get them to the store (about one city block or a bit more in distance), and back to repeat the process until the last box was off the trailer. The entire process, took us less than 3 hours...
    And some grocery warehouses take HOW LONG to offload 3 skids?

mje Thanks this.
  5. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    Do a lot of in and outs there. Bring in a load of scrap pull out a load of paper rolls. get in with the scrap wait anywhere from 2-4 hrs for a dock then sweep out trailer. Outbound load is sitting loaded ready to go. They just don't want to have to sweep out the trailer after the scrap. Getting in there is BS as well. the road in isn't much wider than a golf cart path.

mje Thanks this.
  6. Harley1

Harley1 Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Somersworth New Hampshire
    Used to drive G.P. dedicated team been to G.P all over the U.S. and Big Island was one of the worse hurry up and wait is the name of the game there. We started to complain every time we went there because of the delay for live unloads so finally we got all scrap loads to be drops. Still getting in there was an adventure.

mje Thanks this.
  7. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    If I'm not mistaken, that's the GP that is down a very long and winding twisty mountain road? I used to pick up at GP all over the place when I drove for PST Vans. I think I went to that one only once though.

That particular load sticks in my head--I'm pretty sure this was the one where I hauled rolls of paper through the "Tail of the Dragon".:biggrin_2556: Not very fun for sure, but I did make it through without crushing any Lamborghinis or Ninjas.

mje and battz Thank this.
  8. Big T

Big T Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2007
    WARRIOR RIVER, ALABAMA
    Road Rocket, Road Rocket, Road Rocket! :biggrin_25513:

You really should contact the moderator of this thread and see about getting all references to your statements removed. I would do it ASAP!!

mje Thanks this.
  9. RoamingGnome

RoamingGnome Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Pennsylavania
    Dominos Sugar in Baltimore Maryland. Absolutly the worst place i have ever gone to in my driving days.

10. krisjack

krisjack Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Leesburg, GA
    Why are they so bad.

mje Thanks this.
  11. LadyTrucker99

LadyTrucker99 Heavy Load Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Lexington, NC
    So far in my experience--i would have to go with Food Lion DC in virginia--i waited about 21 hours once to get unloaded but the worst part is they had me wait at a truck stop up the road--they wouldnt allow me to wait on their property! LOL So far--that has been the worst. Of course i also had to sit in the docks for 6 hours at target once. Those are prolly the worse ones I have experienced so far.

mje Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.