There’s adequate truck parking

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by ronjeremyjr, Mar 10, 2020.

1. ronjeremyjr

ronjeremyjr Medium Load Member

Mar 6, 2020
    NY Tristate Area
    I read a story somewhere online awhile back stating there’s enough truck parking really!?. I’m coming up on 2 years and I figured out within my first 3 months there wasn’t enough parking cause there isn’t.I would like to see the person who wrote that article be a truck driver for 6 months coast to coast and afterward tell me he or she feels there’s enough parking. And during those 6 months make sure half of that is in the winter as when snow/ice happens the parking situation goes from bad to worse. But like most articles written about the trucking industry they are written by someone who has never worked in it.

Flat Earth Trucker and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Wheres the link to article or this is just lunch counter talk ?

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  4. ronjeremyjr

Mar 6, 2020
    NY Tristate Area
    I read that awhile ago probably at least a year, I don’t remember the link or exactly where I read it.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  5. Savor the Flavor

Savor the Flavor Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Flat Earth Trucker and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  6. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Here was her quote: Her name is Lisa Mullings. She is the President and CEO of NATSO
    (National Association of Truck Stop Operators)

She says if drivers would just pay for parking, the truck stop industry would make more parking spaces. Mullings claims that even if drivers have to pay to reserve a parking spot, that still ends up being less expensive than spending an hour a day looking for parking or parking in unsafe locations.

“I can guarantee you, the truck parking issue would be gone if people were willing to pay for it. It’s a cost of doing business that the truck stop industry has,” said Mullings.

alds, Savor the Flavor and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    She guarantees it, so it must be true ! Just another politician here to save the world that they have never lived in !

8. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    She isn't a politician, she influences(pays) politicians. NATSO is a lobbying group for their industry, plain and simple. And if that is their policy, that all truckers should pay for their parking spaces, you aren't going to see her advocating for additional spaces at rest areas or other ways that would take away from their revenue.

9. ronjeremyjr

Mar 6, 2020
    NY Tristate Area
  10. ronjeremyjr

Mar 6, 2020
    NY Tristate Area
    Well Lisa it’s not my truck and not my freight so I’m not paying for jack. If you want you can send my company a bill for the parking that they can pay. But I avoid driving into areas with limited to no parking anyway.

11. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Need the Feds to re-regulate freight rates. $5/mi - over 1M miles. $10/mi less than 1M miles.
    Would that make everyone happy????

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.