There’s adequate truck parking

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by ronjeremyjr, Mar 10, 2020.

1. MBAngel

MBAngel Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Tucson, Arizona
    We DO pay enough to ensure more parking. We put 300 bucks in our tanks at a time. We buy everything we need at outrageous prices. We pay high toll rates. We pay huge fees to register our trucks. We pay ifta. We pay to use their roads. The least these states and truck stops can do is ensure we can park to take our mandatory breaks, even if it's just a pull out on the freeway with no facilities.

PSM379, Short Fuse EOD, theSoz and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    That sure would eliminate some of the riff raff of freight. Like flatbed loads of mulch, or a container full of Chinese made trinkets selling for $.99 at the less than a Dollar store. I'm in.

D.Tibbitt and Snailexpress Thank this.
  4. mud23609

mud23609 Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Here is my problem with paid parking. Several times I have reserved a spot only to have no open spots when I arrive. Sure they knock on doors but if nobody answers the knock they don’t tow or boot them. They refund my money and say sorry which leaves me looking for parking in a place that has limited parking in the middle of the night. Usually with little to no time on my clock.

I’m willing to pay once in a while to know I have a spot and don’t have to hunt or park creatively in a bad area but when I pay dang if I don’t expect to have a spot when I roll in.

alds, dunchues, Lite bug and 4 others Thank this.
  5. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Although that has not happened to me yet, I full expect a non-response thanks to the events in OK City recently. It is heading for anarchy out there.

6. ronjeremyjr

ronjeremyjr Medium Load Member

Mar 6, 2020
    NY Tristate Area
    I would like to know what Lisa is referring to in regards to safe parking. Even though some locations are worse than others I’ve
    come across beggars and panhandlers and seen just plain sketchy people and activity at truck stops including 4 wheelers driving around lot. Not to mention I saw twice what I believed to be lot lizards at 2 different locations.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  7. Mollythecow

Mollythecow Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Oh come on you guys. This is free market capitalism at its finest. And all you guys can do is complain about it.

alds and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  8. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Say it isn't NATSO. :p

Studebaker Hawk Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.