There are good people out there

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Lil'Devil, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Lil'Devil

Lil'Devil Heavy Load Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Great White North
    Once back when I first started driving OTR, I was sent to Chicago, I had never been to Chicago before. I delivered my load alright and I was sent to some place right in Chicago to pick up my back haul. I called the place to get directions and was on my way. There was no way I could make the turn onto the street because of the angle so I figured I would go around the block. Big mistake.

Every street that I turned down there was a low bridge, I even saw another truck stuck under a bridge. Every time I thought that I was heading in the right direction there was another bridge. Finally I wound up on a street looking at yet another bridge and there was no way I could back up or turn around

I sat there frustrated, almost in tears wondering what I was going to do, there were too many cars for me to even try to back up. After a few minutes a man who was outside and saw what was going on came over with his two teenaged boys. He said he would help me get turned around, he and the two boys stopped the traffic so I could back up down a side street and turn around.

After I turned around the man told me to pull over to the side, he asked me where I was going. I told him and he said he knew where that street was and said he would take me there. He went back to get his car, and I followed them.

They would check out every street before I turned and make sure I was able to go down. The boys got out several times to hold back traffic so that I could make a tight turn, even though they had cars honking at them. I finally got to the place before they closed and I was so grateful, I couldn't thank these people enough for taking time out of their day to help a lost trucker

It just goes to show that there are good people out there that are willing to help others, and I have encountered many helpful people in my career as a driver

ghostchild Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. luvmyhubby

luvmyhubby Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Sidney MI
    Hubby was in chicago the other day and some guys were nice to him too....its nice to know there are still good people in the world:toothy2: !

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.