There's a critical shortage of truck drivers in the US, and it's causing everything from delayed...

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Joec111, May 17, 2018.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    So the online stuff takes a little longer to get to the house. Fine big deal.

And the grocery is more expensive? HA has been for years. I changed the foods and continue to do well enough not spending so much in the store. I think I had a 300 a month budget at the store years ago, I manage on about 70 at most each month with a little room for extra in case of company, morale etc. Nothing fancy, just basic food products. There are however three locations in my area from which we draw food to supplement. What we don't use for ourselves is sent to the common room for anyone else to have at it so nothing is wasted. One of my last work before eye surgery was packing bags for food pantry and being a crew boss managing the people line by number count and names. I was pretty good at it.

Although it can be very difficult to continue to be nice to the same hungry people who have been coming to get food for 10 years now at the same location. You want to look out for the new ones who show up that really need a hand.

What scares me about this area is that teenagers and preteens who served as volunteer food runners are beginning to have babies now and come to collect food in some cases for them without much prospect for bootstrapping above poverty for a while.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    So, looks like everything is going according to plan.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.