Mexico based carriers working they're way North .

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by bzinger, Jul 25, 2017.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    On my dedicated Laredo thing last year I paid attention to Mexican carriers and one was e.g. Lopez and I never saw em north of Texas.
    They have a terminal in Laredo and used to see their trucks at the forwarding houses in Laredo .....always clean kenworths and trailers and clean cut drivers .
    Sitting at the j in Joplin tonight and parked next to me is an Lopez truck ...t800 with kenmex under the kenworth badge .

QuietStorm, Rusty Trawler and Cat sdp Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    Today, it's the cheapest labor possible;
    Tomorrow, it's fully automated and driverless trucks.

rank, Getsinyourblood, Grubby and 2 others Thank this.
  4. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Ive seen 2 or 3 this week. I seen that same company yesterday at the Pilot on 85 in Blacksburg SC.....

bzinger Thanks this.
  5. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    I've been seeing more and more of them. I've been very impressed with the driver's I've seen. Very clean cut and very professional. I first noticed it when I hauled alot of beer to Tecate for a while. Their guys would cross the border to bring it and I was always amazed at the difference in the differences between American drivers and Mexican. I never saw a fat, stinky, slob in sweat pants and flip flops getting out of a Mexican truck.

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    This is a ridiculous fallacy. Self-driving capabilities in very select scenarios, perhaps.

But "driverless"? "Fully automated"?

No way. Not in our lifetimes anyway. These "visionaries" promoting these false notions need investors and they need to create the idea this is a forgone conclusion for tomorrow but they're full of crap. Just enough of the right people believe them, though and that's all that's needed to promote "the agenda".

Al Gore perfected this concept and took it to the ultimate level. But believe what you want.

59EX, A21CAV, snowlauncher and 6 others Thank this.
  7. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    You see Canadian trucks all over the U.S., I suppose (not sure) Mexico has the same rules (load in, load out)...but had never wandered too far into the U.S. because of the condition of their equipment, and the United States D.O.T. standards. More and more they are upgrading their equipment to meet our standards, and learning the street signs, laws, regulations, etc...and getting more bold.
    That's just a guess guys....don't pound me if I'm way off. LOL!

8. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    Oh, fallacy not, amigo.
    They're not only coming, they're already here.
    And the need for big corporations to make as much profit as humanly (and inhumanly) possible is a tsunami in which nothing will ever get in the way, as well as to find a way to enlarge themselves in any manner possible.
    Enter technology.
    The profit motive supercedes everything... including your dreaded Al Gore.
    Wake up Tex.... denial is nothing to sleep on.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Dharok, Rusty Trawler and bzinger Thank this.
  9. Eldiablo

Eldiablo Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Just a thought but if everything's "automated" and replaces people then who is going to buy products? Think about it everyone's gonna be out of a job so now they don't have any money to buy the products from the machines. I guess the machines will buy it. But in reality automation can only go so far.

10. racemaxx24

racemaxx24 Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2014
    East TN
    I see Palos Garza and TransMaquila guys running around the southeast quite a bit but that's nothing really new. Usually their equipment is better kept and their drivers more professional appearing than most US carriers.

bzinger and A21CAV Thank this.
  11. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    We're gonna build a wall........ problem solveded......

rank Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.