Thinking about leaving SNI

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Brian22, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Brian22

Brian22 Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    I started SNI back in september (graduated from their school in early october) but for the last two months things have been a little shakey, i got a new trip planner and he is a complete and utter retard, he can never get me or the other drivers in my home run pod home when we are supposed to be, the runs are crap averaging 400 miles per run, he took away a 3000 mile run and switched me to a 540 mile run with a 2 stop delivery both were live unloads that took about 5 hours each to hand unload their stuff, and then he sent me to pick up a load and i ended up sitting on the customers property for close to 30hours waiting for the trailer to be loaded, and he knew the trailer wouldnt be ready when i got there, he just neglected to tell me, me and one of the other drivers in my pod are seriously ready to quit over this

Home Run is basically 3 drivers that share 2 trucks (slip seating) and we go out for 2 weeks and come home for a solid week and we rotate between the 2 trucks. and the way it works is if 1 driver is late getting back to go home that causes another driver to be stuck waiting for a truck to drive and not making any money, and with the way things have been going, i've only been bringing in about $300-350per week which is absolutely NOT worth being away from home for 2 weeks at a time, and there was one week where i didnt even get a paycheck because i was stuck at home for an extra 6 days waiting on a truck to drive (ended up owing them money for health ins and the tuition reimbursement for the school)... and i knew i wouldnt make as much as regular OTR drivers since i am at home so much, but this is really pathetic... i can make more money working as a security guard at the local wal mart...

i'm going to try to see if they can switch me to a dedicated account or let me run local, but if this keeps up i will eventaully end up quitting.

anyone want to add their input?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. capnhector

capnhector Light Load Member

have you talked to your dbl then gone to your dbm, explain your frustration and ask to be moved to a different trip planner or you quit, most likely they will move you to a different trip planner and from what you wrote you look ready to quit any way. dbl's get dinged on there bonus if they loose drivers. but the first thing is to talk to your dbl about the situation, use the quit threat when you talk to your dbm or dbl for the second time.

4. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    I'd quit it only gets worse.......I mean better

5. Manuel361

Manuel361 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2015
    Corpus Christi, Tx
    Why not try Regional

6. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Why not not bring ancient threads back from the dead

7. Manuel361

Manuel361 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2015
    Corpus Christi, Tx
    Why reply to my reply from an ancient thread from the dead

8. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    No message. I took the dead thread bait.

9. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Why reply to the reply that said why reply?

10. Manuel361

Manuel361 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2015
    Corpus Christi, Tx
  11. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.