Thinking About May Trucking In Denver Co

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by myhsccarpetcare, Jul 20, 2010.

1. myhsccarpetcare

myhsccarpetcare Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Colorado Springs, Co
    Whant To Know About May In Denver Colorado..Do The Pay For Ornt??? Do they get u a hotel??? when is your first pay day after ornt?? how do they pay u if u have no bank acct??? Will They Give You A Chance To Get To Know The Truck Before The Test...How Hard is it to drive the 13 speed trucks...shift up at 1500 rpm and down at 250 to 300 rpm????? I have not drove since 2008 and had a bad exp with lisa lines/ffe in tx...and may seems to have no issues with any thing...if i get pre hired does that mean i am in as long as i can half way drive??? may is not for everyone but is it a good co for someone starting out??? any help would be good

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jml2007

jml2007 Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2009
    AZ Desert
    No, they dont pay for orentation, free luches thats about it. Dont know about hotels. Once you get on the truck with your mentor/trainer you start getting paid thru your comdata card. You can withdrawl money from there. On the intial test we didnt get out of 7th gear. I am not sure but if you havent driven for 2 years you may need to do a refresher course?? I finished orentation the end of June and am still waiting to get on a truck. I was supposed to leave tommorow but got a call the trainers truck broke down. I got prehired but they had to get an approval from managment and then they check your work history. The reason I am hanging on is they do seem do be better than some of the companies. Good luck, hope you are patient!

myhsccarpetcare Thanks this.
  4. myhsccarpetcare

Jul 18, 2010
    Colorado Springs, Co
    Were You Out Of Denver & What Was orentation like for them???

5. jml2007

jml2007 Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2009
    AZ Desert
    No, I was out of Phoenix but I would imagine it is pretty much all the same. It was 3 days, paperwork, videos, drug test and getting familiar with Qualcomm and their policies.

6. myhsccarpetcare

Jul 18, 2010
    Colorado Springs, Co
    Ok I Go & Fill Out My Papper APP On Wed Of Next Week...Hope To Get On The Road Soon... I Am Going To Start My Own Little Posts About May Stuff.. Hope U Get on the road soon...did u go out with a trainer yet???

7. jml2007

jml2007 Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2009
    AZ Desert
    No man still waiting, just talked to May and they said they will have something tommorow. Look forward to your post.

8. myhsccarpetcare

Jul 18, 2010
    Colorado Springs, Co
  9. jml2007

jml2007 Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2009
    AZ Desert
    Not yet, 22 days since I finished orentation and nothing. Waiting to hear from them today. I think they are a good company but kind of off to a bad start. The recuiter said after you do the 2 weeks with a mentor and solo test, there may be a wait to get your own truck. I hope it isnt too long, I gotta get some income. But I am going to stick with them because I am already hired and dont want to start jumping around. What did you decide?

10. myhsccarpetcare

Jul 18, 2010
    Colorado Springs, Co
    i am pre hired i have to go to denver to do a papper app then goes to brooks to see if i am a fit. if so i can start orentation after. they said the 48 side has more chance to get on faster with. keep all of us up to date with stuff on your side too..so how many weeks do u have to stay out with a trainer???

11. jml2007

jml2007 Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2009
    AZ Desert
    I would like to get in to the 48 but they said its harder to get hometime because not much refrigerated running thru Phoenix. 2 weeks with trainer and then test out for solo. Just got a call from May and they said they got a guy lined up for me but they ae waiting to hear back from him to confirm it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.