Thinking of buying a Ryder used truck. Feedback PLEASE

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by InternationalTrucker, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Bluefin60

Bluefin60 Bobtail Member

May 30, 2017
    I contacted Ryder about a truck they had listed within the last 2 months. I asked for a copy of the service records of the truck and was denied. I was bounced around to several reps, none who were willing to even talk about what services had been performed. Each just wanted my credit info, I guess it is required to precert for the purchase of the truck. I don't like the idea of giving out my information just to get a question answered about the service history.

frito bandito and 12Ponder Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. solitary_con

solitary_con Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Cook County, IL
    I've done temp assignments at several ryder accounts and had to take several trucks to the shop. I can tell that most of the mechanics I've dealt with are less than enthusiastic about fixing anything.

Take it for what is worth.

4. Ribeye

Ribeye Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Best bet is to always buy a clean, former owner-operator's truck, not a fleet truck. A clean truck shows pride of ownership and the smarts to maintain it on-time and do preventative maintenance.

5. Rackpass 85

Rackpass 85 Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Spend like 48k and you probably find a cascadia under warranty still from a dealer ! There out there midwest!

12Ponder Thanks this.
  6. Computhan14

Computhan14 Bobtail Member

May 18, 2020
    Don't buy trucks from ryder. They don't keep units well maintained.
    If you buy they don't repair anything. The worst customer service ever.

7. Kasey Hyndman

Kasey Hyndman Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2020

8. Kasey Hyndman

Jul 8, 2020
    Don’t buy one unless you get a warranty PERIOD. I worked for them and also worked on a lot of the units that are for sale . They rig #### up on them and the guy that done the out service on them half ### fixed them . It wasn’t only the mechanics but the management also would get pissed when you had to put a lot of money back into then . TRUST ME we had a guy that bought one and was at our shop getting another truck more than he drove his own.

9. Kasey Hyndman

Jul 8, 2020
    Absolutely do not buy one they are all crap . I worked on them personally mostly repairing tires but the guy that repaired them at our shop was a piss poor mechanic .

10. Kasey Hyndman

Jul 8, 2020
    Absolutely correct piss poor service and mechanics try harder to get out of work than they actually work .
    i know you posted this several years ago but in 2020 they run them 65-75k before oil change and I don’t know how many drivers have drove them probably 150 or more. I work for them and when they get ready to sell it’s like polishing a turd PERIOD. Take it as you want it and good luck .

11. Kasey Hyndman

Jul 8, 2020
    Well said ! Piss poor mechanics , service and management .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.