Thinking of Going with Roehl

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Paul328, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Do you have ASW nightmares?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Paul328

Paul328 Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Chinatown if I hear the words P3 or Akula I get real nervous. I am in the Atlanta area.

4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I go way back to Stoof's ; ie. Grumman S-2 Tracker.
    When I was in Vietnam on Yankee Station, North of the DMZ, wasn't with S2's then, but some outfit dropped a sonobuoy near Haiphong harbor. Some submarine surfaced just enough to grab one of the sonobuoys and took it inside the sub. The ASW crew detonated the dye pack before the sub could close the hatch and it spewed dye inside the sub. Could hear the sub sailors cursing and yelling in a British accent through the speaker hanging from the sonobuoy. They weren't even supposed to be there because they opted out of the war. I'm sure England denied it, but it was no big deal anyway. Sonobuoys are probably much more complex these days.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  5. Paul328

Paul328 Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2016
    I know this is off subject on my own thread..lol, BUT. When we practiced with the Greeks in the 90's they insisted they have the grid area in the Bahamas. Comsubgrp 10 Admiral tried to tell the Greek Admiral bad idea but he wouldn't listen. What they didn't realize is the waters around Bermuda and Bahamas is so clear they could be seen from the air, didn't need sonar. The got "found" in a manner of minutes, very pissed Greek Admiral.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I'm from Tennessee and a friend of mine,also from Tennessee, was stationed in Greece and married a Greek belly dancer and brought her to the states. She looked really good too.
    Anyway, best wishes in your new career. I'm going to bed; it's 2430 here in Beijing.

7. crazyk

crazyk Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Northern MN
    Location is a lot of it with any company and division. I have been with Roehl since last Feb. (went to their CDL school in JAN and spent my 2 weeks with a trainer in early Feb). I can tell you I have been running pretty steady as both a company driver and--since late last SEP--an owner operator.

Part of it is I don't ##### about loads and I take small or large ones. If I see a potential issue I call before sending messages and work things out. Roehl is now advertising on Sirius XM Road Dog Trucking so we must still need drivers. That said, I hear drivers complain about miles sometimes too.

8. lucasheart

lucasheart Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2014
    I'm in the marketing department at Roehl. I suggest you check out our Honor Program / Apprenticeship Program options. http://www.roehl.jobs/drivers/military-apprenticeship-roehl-honor-program

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.