This is it, last day on paper logs.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by me myself and I, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    My dad was completely oblivious when hee went to go buy a new ram when he retired. He didn't have a clue about what def or a dpf filter was. The dealer didn't even explain the system to him. I had to coach him over the phone when he called asking what his def gauge was.

rank Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    But rank he has owned two. Cause after all, lease purchase is the exact same thing as owning a truck. Just ask em.

wore out and rank Thank this.
  4. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Wonder why he doesn't still own one?

spyder7723 and rank Thank this.
  5. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Due to no fault of his own I'm sure.

wore out and rank Thank this.
  6. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Well we best quit bein mean to him then

spyder7723 and rank Thank this.
  7. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I've never owned a truck out right, never once have I indicated this. I did try a lease purchase and admitted I made a mistake in doing so.

I did say I own 2 16 year old vehicles, personal cars. Neither of which have issues. Other than getting tires at a local tire shop, I do all the work that's needed on them to date. Comes to a transmission issue or major engine problem, I'll probably upgrade to a newer vehicle.

rank and 06driver Thank this.
  8. easytopleez33

easytopleez33 Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2015
    There is, They are called Farmers, county plates, no HOS regs, Hell in some states they're not even required to have a CDL. LOL
    ELOG's, In my opinion, are just a big hindrance. We've been on PeopleNet, for about two years. It's always loosing signal and placing on duty with off duty. It's ridiculous. LOL
    Then you have to have a Paper Log as backup. Yeah, it's real handy.
    There are so many variations of this ELOG BS out there it's amazing. But, I haven't heard one that is 100% yet.
    Oughta read RedFormans rant on his ELOG's. It was, at the very least, entertaining, and at best, a real eye opener. Red's ELD Journey
    Be Safe Drivers!!!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    rank and Gumper Thank this.
  9. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    im trying to be like the weather channel, turn a little storm into a big story lol

AZ Pete and rank Thank this.
  10. Woodys

Woodys Heavy Load Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    This is better than WWE!!

:D:D:D:D

11. WildTxn

WildTxn Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    All in the name of safety. Anyone ever notice that the insurance industry actually runs this country? They are so rich they actually own the govt.. Given their highest goals of "risk reduction" for all of us, we would all be living in sterile safety cacoon's with the only outside contact allowed being that of writing them a check every month! Ohhh, wait a minute they are pushing for all electronic money now days too.

Risk reduction is just another name for "profit enhancement".

Anyone ever deeply study the theory of insurance? Sure has a close resemblance with Marxism. They did declare they would take us over without firing a shot way back in the sixties if I remember.

C.A.R.B. =
    Communist American Revolutionary Bureau

Started out with a good cause, I.E. smog. Didn't end with that good cause though.

ELD's, flawed safety reg's, and outrageously flawed emissions edicts are just the symptoms of a much deeper problem in our USA. Our forefathers are rolling in their graves! Hey... that's where all of the earthquakes are coming from.LOL

rank Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.