This is ludicrous, I've been fueling for two hours!

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Infosaur, Dec 1, 2017.

1. DougA

DougA Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Retired,In my shop in Md.
    That used to be a Union 76 back in the old days,was a dump then.

Grubby and Studebaker Hawk Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Pucker up and siphon!

Grubby and Muddydog79 Thank this.
  4. Muddydog79

Muddydog79 Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Lollol

5. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Update:

(I'm long gone from that place BTW)

I figured I'd take my 10 there anyway. I wanted to make it to Morgantown WV but about 60 miles west of Hurricane in KY I'd been getting really sleepy, so I pulled into that little rest stop after Grayson. Turns out I went out cold for about 2 hours. Well I still had time on my 14 hour clock and more than enough drive time left but I couldn't figure out where I'd take my next break. Wheeling was the wrong direction and New Stanton was a stretch but do-able. Keyser's Ridge was an option but they weren't on the fuel list.

So playing it short and getting a splash and go at Hurricane was the call.

The minute I realized the pumps were DOA I figured I might as well spend the night right there. (Not on the fuel island of course, but the thought DID cross my mind. LOL)

Since 60 gallons gets you a shower and would be more than enough to get me over to Carlisle, I was determined to stay on that pump until it either gave up completely or I got my 60 gallons.

Ultimately it took 2.5 hours. I had 10 to burn anyway. Managed to still find a slot (though I thought about demanding a comp'd "reserved spot") and had a choice of local dining establishments (which is one of the few things that place has going for it.)

No need to chuff on some O/O's tanks while he sleeps. I am shocked, SHOCKED that some here would suggest such a thing!
    *clutches pearls*

As long as I get my points and shower credit, and my MPG & idle time targets are met, the company pays for the fuel. Why steal from someone?

6. Infosaur

LOL!

Another UPDATE:

(Just when I thought I'd put this story to bed)

I got a call back from WV Dept of Weights & Measures. They're going to investigate that T/A!

Manager there is about to have a really bad day.

mjd4277 and Suspect Zero Thank this.
  7. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Or the weights and measures people crumple up your complaint and go on break.

8. Infosaur

Possibly.

But they did call me, long distance. (Like that matters anymore)

I even told them, I don't usually go through that way and frankly didn't care one way or the other. They seemed to be more interested in assuring me they'd look into it.

So who really knows?

9. CoyoteExpress

CoyoteExpress Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Carlingford NB Canada
    never go under 1/4 and look that you have minimum 1more TS in rage if the pump dont work.
    winter time in the Cold areas spechel nothern ontario ... keep 50% in i got 300gal but its saver to pay a bit more but got fuel

many times there pumps are frozzen or the tanker don't come on time ...

10. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I had a series of trips one time that were progressively shorter and shorter and the computer kept saying "no fuel needed for trip." One trip got me down to 5/8, then 4/8 then 2/8 and I put 1/8 fuel and the next trip I got was like 110 miles, no fuel needed for trip. By the time I got done the needle was on E and the light was on. I told dispatch I was on fumes and I needed fuel bad. He said get fuel whereever you want. So then I looked an whichever out of Pilot and Loves that had the least drink and shower credits I went to the closest truck stop with that name and topped off. 196 gallons. Yipes.

11. JoeyBowman

JoeyBowman Medium Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    NC
    Sounds awful having a company telling you when, where, and how much to fuel.

Grubby Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.