This Is What Happens When A Four Wheeler Fails To Properly Maintain Lane

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Apr 16, 2017.

1. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    True enough, none of us can control what other drivers do and no matter how careful we are we can't predict what each vehicle is going to do. The best we can do is minimize risk.

Someone driving slow in the hammer lane is always a bit of a red flag, especially at that time of day. It reads like you put yourself between them and someone on your right at the same time.

I don't know how heavy traffic is there at that time of day but that's not a position I would likely choose. Certainly not until observing them for a bit.

I wasn't there though and don't have the full picture. If there's anything to learn from it hopefully you do.

allniter Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    I'm surprised that sardine can of a car is still as intact as it is, looking at what it did to the trailer axles! I've driven a Cavalier or two and they're not by any stretch what you'd call a solid car.

4. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    What I think really sucks, is the way people are calling out the OP on this. You have a suggestion to make, fine, most of us will appreciate it. But talking to him like he is a moron is just not necessary.
    We can't all be as perfect as some of us think we can.

Mr Ed, 062, Infosaur and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    An old beater car.... those are almost guaranteed to do something stupid.

6. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015

The sad part is 95% of the companies in this industry have safety departments that will undoubtably try to stick their drivers with that "preventable" garbage as a way to make themselves look good to the lawyers or insurance companies. If a four wheeler decides to dive under your trailer there's not much you can do.

mjd4277 and Big Don Thank this.
  7. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I think you misunderstood him. His saying he wasn't losing sleep over it had to do with @Pedigreed Bulldog calling him out, not the accident itself.

8. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I'd wager that these armchair safety managers are the same guys that cry when you send them over the Hudson River.

Somebody has to deliver here in the great northeast.

I guess you missed the part where the Cavalier driver was going UNDER 55 in a 65 mph highway. In the hammer lane no less.

Some people won't be happy unless we all wait on the side of the road until ALL the drunks are mopped up between 2-5am.

But only if we're off the road by 7 so as not to inconvenience all the lawyers, bankers and teachers on their way to work.

Big Don, rolls canardly and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  9. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Uncontestable point, but ill beat the horse while its down.

10' 100' 200'....

Pedigreed Bulldog Thanks this.
  10. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    May as well not put 'em out if you aren't going to do it correctly.

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  11. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.