This is what you do when you have $$ problems with an outfit

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Tip, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    I'm looking through the 'bad companies' section and see a common problem, especially among the new drivers and especially among drivers working for smaller, mom & pop outfits. That problem is 'my company won't pay me what they owe me'. A related problem is 'my company won't reimburse me for what I had to buy for THEIR truck out on the road' (parts, lumpers, fuel, etc.). Well, there's hope. What you do in these cases is call the Attorney General's office of the state the company is based in and ask to speak to someone in labor relations. In some states you'll have to fill out a form and describe your 'problem'. In other states, you'll have to file a wage claim. No matter. The first thing you do is CALL THE A.G.

He is Risen Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tech10171968

tech10171968 Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Daytona Beach, FL
    I'd say check with your own state first. In some states it's not the Attorney General you call; for example, in South Carolina, you'd have to contact something called the Labor Board. I know from experience that, when the complainant has a valid case, they tend to be very effective in planting a size-12 up the employer's keister. They have a reputation for not joking around but the catch is (once again) you must have all your ducks in a row before complaining to them. Otherwise an invalid or half-baked complaint will cause the Labor Board to make you question your own manhood.

4. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    I know Utah is like that. You have to go to the labor board there and file a wage claim. But I also had to file a complaint in California in the late 90s because a company I worked for there tried to withhold my pay over some kind of damage to the freight. I had to contact the California Attorney General's office in that case, and within about 5 weeks, I got my money, which was over 450 bucks (back then). I've gone toe-to-toe with trucking outfits several times and am undefeated in these battles. But I always started with the heavy artillery of the AG office or, in Utah, the Labor Board.

5. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.