This is why you don't park on the end of a row at a truck stop!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Six9GS, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Yes and yes and also yes. This was the truckstop where it happened. I was in the far right lane. Screenshot_20220120-233645_Maps.jpg

I have no idea what he was trying to do making that turn.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    I did the opposite, moved from tankers to reefer. Me and the guys next to me get spooked every time I back up.:eek:
    Funny thing is I can thread a tanker through a gas station no problem. But backing 90⁰ I hate but is mainly what I do.

JoeyJunk and bentstrider83 Thank this.
  4. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Of course I witnessed a hit and run tonight at the Allsups in Vega TX. Was throwing out some trash and getting ready to roll when some 53' backed right into a parked reefer right next to me. Guy sped off and nearly took out a few trucks near the fuel island. Chased after the guy on foot, but he was long gone.

JoeyJunk and Trucker61016 Thank this.
  5. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    i thought they came like that with the factory flip flop option

6. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    I was backed in to by a Prime truck, he gouged the drivers fender
    Truck was two weeks old and I had it almost fully wrapped so fixing it would have been pretty easy
    I originally got a bid to fix it and was just going to do it myself since it would need new wrap on that part anyway
    Bid was like $1800
    Then I called Prime and said I decided they were going to put a new hood on since it’s all one piece
    She goes why would we buy you a new hood? I said because it was new when your guy parked on it so why should I accept used?

She sent the check and it was around $14,000

7. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Heck ... I got hit when I was the only one and in the middle of the row.

JoeyJunk and Trucker61016 Thank this.
  8. supergreatguy

supergreatguy Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2020
    In their defense, (I don’t drive one) gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. My headlight got backed into, smashed it completely. No parts available, had to duct tape each small part and use cords

9. supergreatguy

supergreatguy Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2020
    had the same thing happen, got a check for 10k

GYPSY65 and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  10. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    I was pretty taken back by the blow my mirror took twice without shattering last night. After the first guy bumped me I was still sitting in my seat a couple minutes later here comes another prime truck. Cutting through the parking spaces. As he passed me and started turning left between me and the other truck I knew his tail and wasn’t gonna make it. I started fumbling for the airhorn. Hoping he would come to his senses and stop. Nope. Just hammered it down right on through. Bam, wasn’t even near the tail of his trailer, a good 10 feet left and he’s already hitting my mirror. I thought the thing blew into pieces and shattered, but realized later it had just pivoted all the way forward. As I blasted my air horn the guy finally stopped. Otherwise my fender was gone!

I thought prime drivers were supposed to be a little bit better than Swift? But here’s the kicker. This guy got pissed off and started yelling at me. At that point I was looking for the slightest bit of damage I could find a pin it on this idiot. Lucky for him there was none. So I just waved him off. he took off like a bat out of hell. Not a care in the world.

GYPSY65, JoeyJunk and Trucker61016 Thank this.
  11. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    Never understood why some are too lazy to slide tandems forward on a 53, its dangerous and leads to requiring really wide turns to clear a turn or another truck....

86scotty Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.