This Kid Actually Did Better Than Some Adults

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We had one about that age near Scranton on the pre-alignment mountain ridge on 81 running a transtar with a carnival ride flat bed on the hitch. He was doing pretty good, the lot of us had to pass him to get a look see if the talk on the radio was true. And there he was rolling along. He actually pulled a downshift properly so... kudos.

Setting aside the legality for the moment in those old days long before CDL.

87 would be pretty fast for that 8 year old he will be a very good driver when he ages enough to be legal. My limit is around 140 or so. That's plenty fast. Used to be higher than that, but I get older and less fast in terms of dealing with problems that far ahead.

Keep in mind Germany has the autobahn system in which sections of it when permitted has no limit. If you really want a ride, google Koingsegg Autobahn and you might catch one rolling at 240+ mph. I don't know what that converts to in KMH but it's very #### fast. Leave that to the young ones.

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  3. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Germany actually does it right as far training drivers to handle hi speed driving.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    They think they do it right.

Poor things.

I have captured a few really good Audis and other cars made to run here in Arkansas for transporting by driving to the Auction house. I had a little 2005 mint Audi with 10 miles on the clock and a hour to get back to the work shop.

I was there in about oh... 17 minutes maybe? That #### thing was in 3rd manual with two to go and 120+ finally tapped the top end redline made the shift into 4th and by #### she got up and took off like a burnt cat. It is not often in my life I have felt that dead elephant weight on my chest due to hard launching cars but this one you get to remember a little bit about what it is like to fall in love again. No room for 5th in my area. (There is one three mile ridge I could get on and open her into 5th... but eh... the bosses would fire me.)

At about 147 or so my stomach did a little flop saying to me WHOA varmint WHOA... Trees dissolved into a solid green on both sides. Signs and such had no meaning. Except that one S at 20 mph marked. (Forgot about that one..) stood on the brakes. Her nose came down and stayed down and the rear end wriggled a little bit much for my taste. But she knocked it down to 30 right quick. A little bit of chirping here and there from all 4 tires. But #### really good tires...

The seat belt gave me a black bruise that lasted three weeks over my heart. it hurt. When the wife saw that one night, she said what did you do? Ha. Told her the story.

Definitely made for the German Autobahn. My regret is not getting into that 5th. Speedo goes to 220 mph.

#### she was fast.

Would I buy one? Hell no. Imagine the tickets I would rack up. Im not going to be that stupid again.

5. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    147??
    THAT’S IT???
    Where’s your sense of adventure man??
    Certain Audis can go up to 155 mph-and that’s before the governor kicks in(they only put the governors on to keep the lawyers happy..
    Remove that governor and the car will be the closest thing you get to time-traveling-literally!!:thumbup::tongue9:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Not with that 20 mph esses coming right up. I was not sure where it's nanny top end would end up at.. with your input it pretty much kills the need for 5th lolz.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.