This may be a little bit of a different approach than usual...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Sigefrid, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Sigefrid

Sigefrid Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2019
    I used to drive tankers, albeit I have little experience. I have met a lot of loader operators in the plants that used to drive, and have no college degree.

Does anyone know of any plants, or contracting companies, in the New Orleans/Baton Rouge region that would hire someone as a loader operator who has previous experience loading and unloading tankers?

The only contracting company I can find in the area that will contract out loader operators is SGS, and I have had no luck getting on with them.
    And I think it's a lot more difficult to get on with the plants than with the contracting companies, so any new ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    Every chemical plant I go to has a sign by the front gate basically saying "we don't take applications" which leads me to think they want you to apply online. Good luck!

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  4. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    I dont. The only plants I've been to are in Shreveport and Abbeville. Both you actually had to go through a temporary service to get even through the front gate. Both had such a high turnover , it was much easier to just have a temp service handle the screening and hiring. Kelly was the one in Shreveport and I dont remember the one in Abbeville. I would call some local temp offices and see if any of them work with any of the plants.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.