This Ohio shooting/killing went unnoticed.

Discussion in 'Other News' started by JoeyJunk, Jul 6, 2022.

1. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Of course it was silly. I was being silly.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    National news is what I meant. I should have clarified that.

4. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    What's the back story behind the 2nd instance? Was it inadvertent? Was it as malicious as the cop was in the George Floyd instance?

5. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Oh shoot if they covered every instance of black on black crime was covered on national news, there wouldn't be any time for anything else.

6. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Wow!!! So it is that bad. So all those people don’t know any better and were raised that way? Or is it a majority taking the easy, sleazy way?

7. JoeyJunk

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    It’s been talked about for decades. Nothing has changed and it’s gotten worse. People didn’t get dumber. They built schools, made social programs, threw a gazillion dollars at the problem……..and the problem only got worse. So resources wasn’t the problem. Outsiders not giving a darn wasn’t the problem. We can blame everything that happened 60-200 years ago. None of that crazy stuff exists anymore. In every low income community (any race) the women can’t close their legs and the men can’t do whatever legally to take care of themselves or the family or the multiple kids running around.

Im tired of the excuses and the weak heart on sleeve morons who go along with Since it was such a terrible investment, I want my money back.

All the effing opportunity in the world in this country and we have to import people because our own stupid citizens can’t stop being complete garbage.

Neal Smith sort of had it right. Just needed to get out of the sleazy neighborhood.

8. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Yes it is that bad in those neighborhoods. In Memphis, we are beyond careful of who we deal with and where we go. Just that city alone has that much going on. It's just a cycle that goes back so many generations. They never get educated the right way, and never get surrounded by people like us. My wife grew up on the south side of Memphis. Her father was a minister and ruled with a iron fist. Her mother was a housewife. He father was a provider to the max and did everything he had to do. She was fortunate to come from a family that didn't lead that type of life. That said, once I moved out there and got with her, there were still certain ways that I had to show her, and it took years to make some improvements. So many folks have a mentality that gets passed down generation to generation. The next generation sees what their parents go through and it's a struggle. Teen pregnancies, teenagers getting into drugs, people fighting, stealing, it gets to a point to where it's about survival. Some people will be driven by materials, or just trying to make ends meet. When a job or jobs don't pay enough, enter the fast money. For some of these people in these environments, if they have to take out someone else to sustain their own, they will do it. It's an environment that you don't want to get caught in. It isn't the easy, nor sleazy way either. I promise you, if they were able to do it a better way they would. The streets will either get these folks killed or locked up. Then the cycle continues. Yet who goes in there to show them another way? That said, you won't see this stuff in the suburbs of Memphis. Within city limits, oh yes. You better believe it. I ain't making this stuff up either man...I used to keep that type of company. That's part of the reason I feel so indebted to this industry. It saved my life in a lot of ways. I knew better than to get caught up with that lifestyle because i didnt grow up that way. Didn’t grow up rich. We were poor, but not in survival mode. I don't know that those people in those neighborhoods knew any different.

9. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    It's easier said than done. Have you spent some time in those low income neighborhoods? Some of them may get improvements. Most them don't. They are run down to the max. You ain't gonna see the same resources there like you will in other neighborhoods. You'll see liquor stores, convenient stores, a grocery store that ain't necessarily a chain store, title loan places, rent to own places, that's it. When's the last time you saw a Barnes and Noble in a low income neighborhood?

10. JoeyJunk

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    There are good jobs all around Memphis and it’s not just whites who have them.

Its the same around here. The oilfield is begging for workers. Make 80K with no experience. These crapbags can’t put down the blunt and pass the test. Or get up early. Or be responsible. So they take the easy way. Every drug dealer ain’t making a ton of money. They can take all the pics they want of their “bands/racks”. Those are taken before the supplier is paid LoL.

Siinman, JonJon78, drvrtech77 and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.