This Ohio shooting/killing went unnoticed.

Discussion in 'Other News' started by JoeyJunk, Jul 6, 2022.

1. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Nobody is forced to go into any of those places. When’s the last time someone took the bus out of the hood to go to Barnes and Noble?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JoeyJunk

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    I spent a lot of time in low income hoods. Both black, white, and a mixture of both. My mom grew up poor in the local crappy area. Hasn’t changed at all.

4. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    That's what I'm saying man! That's what I said in my earlier post....who's showing them another way? Point being, positive resources aren't going to ever surface in those neighborhoods. If these folks ain't seeing another way, it's going to be difficult to impossible for things to change.

5. JoeyJunk

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    As far as resources, I mean money in the programs that everyone abuses cause they know they can and nothing will be done about it. Being a scumbag well past 18 is a decision. And they make it proudly.

6. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Exactly....so the cycle just continues. Don't get it twisted, I don't agree with any of that behavior. It helps tremendously if people understood others' psychology. It's OK to have our own philosophies of life, but somewhere in all of that, there has to be an understanding of those different from us.

7. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You can't just throw money at people all the time. The folks throwing the money in there have to get their hands dirty some. You gotta show that they have long term options. Think about trucking school for a moment. When I got my license, a representative from Werner and TMC came and delivered a presentation to thr class. Both of those companies are at the top of their game in the industry and are able to put people to work....they show their faces. The folks throwing money at these neighborhoods need to show their faces there. The military, colleges, trucking companies, other trades should go to these schools while these kids are young. Don't just go to the suburban schools. If you can show them another way, some of them just might say, "#### this #### I'm going this route."

8. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    Problem is, that cop didn't kill Floyd. He ODed and his knee wasn't on his neck. The entire body cam footage from all three cops can be found online. Also, during the trial the toxicology report proved his overdose of the pills he swallowed so he didn't get caught by the police with them.

That cop was wrongfully accused and convicted for doing his job while White. I feel bad for him and his kin. People wonder why so many police are reluctant to do their jobs anymore. Can't blame them. Who wants to go to jail for a paycheck?

JonJon78, drvrtech77 and DannyB Thank this.
  9. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Diversity hire who had two pending complaints ,

Shot and killed the woman who called 911
    Shot her from inside the patrol car

Killing of Justine Damond - Wikipedia

Court Reverses A Former Officer's Murder Conviction In An Australian Woman's Death

no riots and he is gonna walk out of jail in a couple of weeks .
    He gets to skate because he is black and the person he murdered was white .
    If the ethnicities were reversed , it would have been wall to wall on tv for years with riots looting burning etc .

Siinman and ProfessionalNoticer Thank this.
  10. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Ever been to a poor Irish neighborhood? No. They don't trust the police either. BUT they also DON'T KILL EACH OTHER.

So low income prejudiced neighborhood is not the problem. Try again.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  11. Boondock

Boondock Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2019
    There's tons of stories in this country of people who have overcome poverty and homelessness. Turned their life around and became healthy, prosperous and productive members of society.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.