This should sum it up, all @ 51 CPM with .14 being per diem.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by the white knight, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. the white knight

the white knight Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2017
    The terminal mgr was so proud. And so was I.
    Crete Carriers
    Diedan

3. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Wow they want you to idle more that’s odd

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I wouldn’t work there given the employee ID they decided to give you. Sucks to be you with a target on your back from the git-go.

5. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Corporate trucking companies make millions each year and barely give a driver enough to make a living off of.

6. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    I’m making 83K.
    I wouldn’t consider that chump change. Every week 1K goes in bank. Can you say the same??

7. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    That's impressive

8. scorpiorias

scorpiorias Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Boy where should I start? Been an owner op car hauler with a few years under my belt and out here in the east coast, things aren't looking good in our sector and industry at large. I tell u, Its not just corporate trucking looking to subject you to a life of servitude, the small ma and pa outfits are even worst. They want to pay the going rate...you know, what the other guys are paying, but loading and unloading, working the docks, you are the mechamic, underneath that truck and babysitting those gauges up and down the interstate. You take up a local or ltl job, they will work you till death. How is it possible to get overtime when 12 to 14 hours daily is the norm. And You might have an hour or 2 commute daily so home time is crap. about 10hrs or less daily and half of that is sleeping. You can do better otr, at least get a better sleep/ rest. And be home on weekends with all else equal. And to make matters worse, pay is crappy at best with these smaller outfit. All jobs aren't created equal but all jobs want to pay equal or less, not more! I know my worth. Its a race downhill. 1300 per week or 20 an hour. At 60cpm you have to clock 400 or so miles daily with no less than 8 stops in between. W2 instead with no medical, 401k, profit sharing, workmans comp, no benefit at all....w2 just for the sole purpose of having you pay taxes and them getting a tax credit (FEDEX contractors) on your slaving behind. As much as I hate to do it, I will hold on to this old girl until the car game springs back to life....that's if it ever does. If not, I will put my dually back on the road. So next time someone sings that ma and pa outfit praise songs, PLEASE smack em on the side of the head for me. Would you?!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Reason for edit: Inserted quotes
  9. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    And I like “diedan”,.. it’s got character and I’m not going to die.

10. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Up till you said that. I was going to say congrats your doing great. But with that can you say the same crack. I now have to say considering your start date. Right now this is fluff and fairy dust. Give reality a chance to do its thing. Come on back in 3-4 months.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.