This was done by a retarded newb. (pics)

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by 379 Peterbilt, May 7, 2008.

1. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Based on what I can actually see in the photos. I have to retract my earlier statement.

It does appear there is a road in one of the photos leading away and to the track. Which leads me to believe there was a curve that routed the road along side the track.

Therefore the driver was most likely tired and haulin ###, and simply missed the curve.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Define "tired". :biggrin_25525:

He/she just mighta been flyin' too close to the ground. I hear it's possible to make real sharp turns when ya think y'all are in orbit.
    No gravity up there.

Butt, what goes UP --- must come down.
    That Big truck didn't just drive up that embankment and damage the rear suspension and trailer nose to the extent that we're seein' --- it LAUNCED, and landed HARD, not to mention sudden.

BIG BOOM !!
    In theory.

Remember, it ain't the (road)speed that really matters --- it's the sudden stop.
    Can we assume that driver was haulin'
    Shake-N-Bake?

And holdin' a

Suicide note?
    Hmmmmmmmmm :biggrin_2558:

4. 6pak4-two

6pak4-two Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2008
    No longer there
    I guess you could look at it that way but when you look at the first pic you can see his tracks another pic shows a straight road and another shows sunshine.:biggrin_2551:
    So with all that in mind I would have to say the blame would have to go to his trainee after all trainee spelled back wards is FALL GUY hehe:biggrin_25522:

5. old-six-pack

old-six-pack Heavy Load Member

Oct 24, 2007
    vernon hill, va
    no brainer???????????????????????????????????????:biggrin_2551:

6. old-six-pack

old-six-pack Heavy Load Member

Oct 24, 2007
    vernon hill, va
    you been driving long????????????????????:biggrin_25513:

7. chicadriver

chicadriver Light Load Member

May 5, 2008
    I saw the same pictures on another website and the poster couldn't attest to why it happened but here's the caption:

"....apparently the driver of the truck had only been in Canada a few months.... He missed his turnoff to Brandon, MB and figured he could "drive" up and over the hill to get to the highway which he knew was on the other side of the hill, only he didn't realize the there were train tracks on the top!! The estimated speed is around 55 mph/90 kmh that he hit the embankment at. The absolutely amazing thing is that the only real thing that stopped him was when the trailer bound on the drive tires (and I imagine the landing gear digging into the ground didn't help either), and yes I do assume the trailer's empty."

8. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    If that's the case, this guy isn't stupid by any measure of the stick. He's a complete retard.

9. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    I think you are all wrong.

You have obviously not been reading all the new literature. This is the new intermodal system

10. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    Ah yes, a "new Canadian". I saw one of his brethren attempt the same manouver over the berm surrounding a customer's yard in Langley ... with similar results. The amazing thing was that he attempted it about ten feet from the entrance to the yard. :biggrin_2556:

11. lookingup

lookingup Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2006

pilled up meaning drugged up? did the driver try to park on the lake?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.