Thomas and Sons Distributors and 'Tone from the Top'

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Aghosn, May 9, 2018.

1. Aghosn

Aghosn Bobtail Member

May 9, 2018
    Southern California freeways are crazy. That is probably a statement that most people with any experience on those roads would find a reasonable description of reality.

Today, however, I encountered behavior that can only be described as outrageous, reckless and borderline criminal.

A Thomas and Sons Distributors tractor with no trailer came up onto my bumper at about 75 - 80 miles an hour in the fast lane and sat on me at 10 - 15 feet in an obvious tailgate violation west bound on the 210. When I motioned the driver to back off, I was met with even more aggressive driving tactics. Cutting me off with extreme, erratic lane changes in very tight traffic at high speeds. Hand gestures with offensive intent, etc, etc.

My guess is that the driver and his accomplice in truck number 20420 over medicated themselves today with too much crystal meth......but that's only a guess.

The owner of this company and its employees are put at tremendous risk with this kind of behavior.

From what I've read about the owner, however, this could be a 'tone from the top' matter. That means that there is complicity and will-full blindness from the top that could give the drivers a false sense of reality.

Watch out for the guy in Thomas and Sons Distributor's Truck number 20420! He and his accomplice are dangerous.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
  4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Did you send a strongly worded EMail to the company? Or let them know?

QuietStorm, sevenmph and Broke Down 69 Thank this.
  5. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.

Did you call Thomas and Son about this? You should.
    They're usually pretty reasonable to deal with. I think if they heard they had a driver that was menacing people they'd deal with the situation quickly.
    The company itself has a good reputation and they've been around a long time.
    Talk to Thomas and Son and let us know how you make out.

drvrtech77 and sevenmph Thank this.
  6. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Stern language is the way to go here.

7. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    “Sternly worded email”

I concur, and I shall help you! Send this to the owner:

“Dear Sir,

Your company driver in truck abc can just go up an ally and holler fish!

Further more, I have a good mind to buy myself a raspberry snow cone, come knock on your door and when you answer, bite the bottom out of the cone, suck out all the juice and hand you nothing but the ice! What do you think about that?!”

8. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
  9. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    I witnessed the same thing from drivers of that company as well. Tailgating, often cross two lanes of traffic because they can’t wait for someone to get clear of a ramp. Also at times racing though parking lots like typical steering wheel holders.

10. jrejr68

jrejr68 Bobtail Member

May 11, 2018
    Just to correct a few inaccuracies. 1. Said truck is not a company truck. Company trucks start with a one. 2. None of the blue thomas & Sons trucks can go over 65-70 mph that I'm aware off. 3. 16 years of my 25 years driving have been with Thomas & sons, and over that time I've seen very few of our trucks driving aggressively or speeding through truck stops. That being said, almost every company has a few bad apples. If said driver worried you so much, google thomas and sons and call safety. That's what their there for. Stay safe.

bigblue19, Calamity Jane and Lonesome Thank this.
  11. Pete_’inaPete’

Pete_’inaPete’ Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2018
    I happen to also drive for this great company and after nearly 40 years in this industry I am not too surprised that this sometimes does occur. However the over reaction and libelous insults from this post not only are insulting to the other drivers from this company and to the terms and conditions of this site, but also to its professional managers and owner who are amongst the most scrupulous in the business.
    You can’t go around suggesting without any evidence that controlled substances are being used or that the head of the company is complicit and aproves of such behavior.
    Furthermore a 2 prefix is an owner operator and not a company driver which would have a 1 prefix.
    Bad and antisocial driving is a small problem in the industry best dealt with by individual company safety officers as well as by police officers when these incidents occur.
    Driving Safely
    Pete-‘inaPete’ happily at T&S.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.