Thomas Transportation Rising sun,Md/Dallas,TX

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Storm1014, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Storm1014

Storm1014 Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Drivers beware:This company is 1 of the few "Cowboy" company`s left,But not for long.They are a small 20 truck fleet pulling reefers.They mainly haul Mushrooms,other produce,chicken ETC.They claim you`ll avg.3000 miles a week solo/4500 miles team....I`ve only hit over 3000 a few times and like all trucking companys they short you a good 100-150 miles on a regular basis.They have alot of runs that require teams,They only have 2 teams,the rest solo.Currently they put solo`s on team runs and tell them to take the load or be out of a job.Their equipment is junk,always breaking down and when they get stuff fixed,They buy the biggest band-aid possible for the least amount of money,take short-cuts when ever possible.
    Their pay is "Merit based" if you run hard,they`ll move you up quick,sad part is they start everyone off at .36 cpm and cap out at .40 cpm,they offer no bonuses.Once I capped out at top pay they ran me less like 2000-2200 miles a week,also if they ask you to run local,they claim they`ll give you mileage plus say $100.00 extra,My own experience they screwed me,just gave me mileage.They want you out 3 weeks minimum and when it`s time to get home,they screw you and keep you,away from the area in which you live. I know another driver as I`m writing this been out since thanksgiving,he has requested his home time and yet he is still being kept away from his home state.
    Please drivers at all costs avoid this carrier.I have recently quit just this week myself,we had a death in the family and I Informed them I needed to get home,I park my personal vehicle at the Rising sun farm,so thankfully I had a way home.I was told I had to take a load to Dallas...Apperently they have a comprehension problem.I told them "NO",I cleaned out my truck and proceeded home. I have 27 years in this Industry and have had to make alot of tough choices,But when it comes to family...No job or money is more important. :biggrin_25523:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
    Swamprat55 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Storm1014

Storm1014 Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Well the other driver finally got home,He also Is looking for a Local job where he lives...They pulled that same crap with me before thanksgiving,I ended up being out 6.5 weeks,after that I started looking.All I can say All the "Good" company are mostly out of buisness

Yes I looked at their scores ,pretty sad

Well when My last paycheck was due,they refused,then I told them I have a rolladex filled with Federal agency`s,I`m sure they would like to come for a visit,So then they claimed I damaged equipment and shorted my check $400.00....All I can say is they had the opportunity to do the "Right thing",but as we all know,they LIE and make up false claims to Eff you out of your wages....So here I go down the list,Would`ve just been more cost effective to settle up,But they chose the wrong path,Now my fingers are typing away,been in contact with a few agency`s,now lets see how long they last now

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2014
  4. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Way to go ....that's how i deal with em ...gotta know the laws ...and most of these rookies don't take the time to learn what their rights are so they get jerked around and ripped off

Storm1014 Thanks this.
  5. Storm1014

Storm1014 Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Yup,they won`t be around much longer,i still talk to 2 guys still working their,They`ve told me that their paychecks have been held up.Payday is friday,they finally get paid wednesday or thursdays now..glad i left...Found a local job close to home out 5 days,off weekends and I run just the northeast,which no one really likes,but I run at night,speaking of which i need my 6 hour nap now,getting up at 3 Am to get across the Gw Bridge and on up to massachushits

6. whiskytango

whiskytango Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Little Rock, AR
    I love to hear stories like this....

Need more people out there to report things like this.

I do have 1 issue with what you have posted. A good argument always lays out a foundation of opposing views to be a solid conviction.

You seam very angry that you got part of your paycheck cut. Assuming that that they deducted something from you because you probably damaged there truck. If you let a person drive you personal vehicle and they damaged it would you expect that they take responsibility and pay for it or make arrangements to get it fixed and handled at there cost as it has now inconvenienced you? If they said no im not paying for it how would you feel? you be very upset and probably would end the friendship.

They probably had good cause for deducting you pay, people don't just deduct $$ for no apparent reason....especially companies that have been around.

My word to the wise, you get more bears with honey then bee's. Ive work this industry for 33 years and for my experience drivers who complain about pervious employers only negatively do it because they are trying to convince themselves that they are RIGHT..... remember my friend that the truth is not one persons story, the truth ALWAYS lies somewhere in the middle.

TST65, tango and Roknric Thank this.
  7. SouthernBoots

SouthernBoots Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Southern States
    WhiskeyTango, Storm1014 is only telling what he wants people to know. The facts that he's stated are FALSE!! Thomas Transportation will run their drivers as hard as they are willing to be run. If a team or solo will do their job properly, they have NO trouble getting the miles. There's enough freight to keep them moving. The problem lies within this driver. Yes, I know who he is. He complains about the work, wrecks trucks, blames the company etc instead of being a real man and excepting what he did was wrong. The person in his "family" that died wasn't in his family. It was a friends father. I had a REAL family member die while working for this company and got home ASAP.

It is sad that someone would go to these lengths to bad mouth a good company and try to make them out to be the bad guy. Driver, look in the mirror at yourself and there's the real problem.

8. whiskytango

whiskytango Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Little Rock, AR
    AMEN!!
    So your telling me this guy is a Lier? Boy this whole thread was started on lies, be nice to see a ADMIN on this page remove crap like this so it doesn't discredit the site or the drivers this site represents.

This is is what is wrong with people today.

This his guy sounds like he makes excuses for his lack of performance. Let's face it men, driving is a tough "dirty job" that takes a real sense of pride and responsibility to get the job done.

i agree with you southernboots. Storm2014 good luck in your future, and always keep this in mind that future employers check these boards. What employer wants to hire a "cry baby" or someone who "bad talk" a former employer is 100% most likely the person to bad mouth them. I've watched it twice in the past year happen because everything now is online available for people to see, and those drivers lost there jobs and had there files noted. Be careful my friend we need so many more drivers these days that I had to see the ones with so much experience be exiled because of there mouth.

Roknric Thanks this.
  9. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Union, NJ
    This guy should just shut his mouth. He's worse than high school girls with there gossip..and I would know! I was one of them.

GO back to driving and stop the childish crap, im tired to lazy ### drivers who complain. If you don't want to drive then don't drive, don't blame anyone but yourself. I hate liers, and men who cant handle the pressure of being over the road.

"watch out boys, this women will kick your ###, take your money and leave you high and dry" Queen-Bee

MollySarge2 and Roknric Thank this.
  10. SouthernBoots

SouthernBoots Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Southern States
    Queen-Bee, I agree. From the standpoint of a driver with Thomas, they do what they can for the driver's employed here. No company is perfect but out of the ones I have worked at prior, this has to be the best company and is family oriented. A driver like Storm1014, doesn't know how to take care of trucks and trailer's, and tears up equipment just wants to place the blame where it looks away from himself.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.