Thoughts on Wood Pellet Outdoor Cooking Stove?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by PE_T, Mar 14, 2020.

1. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

An open flame from a butane/propane stove can be dangerous, but not if you place it where nothing can fall into it or if you are watching it the whole time. The same goes for a home gas stove and even if using it outside. Everything is supposed to be away from the stove and should never be left unattended.

I also found this:

“Propane and butane are both safe, non-toxic, clean-burning fuels that are a great source of energy.”

“With a lower carbon content than oil, gasoline, diesel, kerosene and ethanol, propane and butane gas contain significantly less greenhouse gas emissions per productivity unit compared to other fuels.”

LPG Gas: What is the Difference Between Propane and Butane?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    We had a alcohol stove on my dads 48 foot sailboat back n the day.

Needless to say the curtains above the stove in the galley went up fast one morning as my mom tried to get it primed before her coffee.

PE_T and Wasted Thyme Thank this.
  4. CousinVinny

CousinVinny Medium Load Member

Jan 26, 2015
    New Jersey
    PE_T Thanks this.
  5. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

So I bought a Coleman two-burner propane stove at Wally for $44. It works really well. However, this stove and likely any other gas stove should not be used indoors, especially in a small space like a truck cab, due to carbon monoxide hazard. Now, many folks will probably still use it inside their trucks, so if you do, keep all your windows open and position the stove next to the open window for ventilation. You also want to install a carbon monoxide detector if you haven’t already.

Attached Files:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.