Three Female PFJ employees killed in Knoxville TN

Discussion in 'Other News' started by SteveScott, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Eowyn

Eowyn Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2016
    TN
    BUT we are WE, we should respect we and I.

Division comes when we can not empathize.

It’s a global life. As truck drivers we see these things all the time. Go to Detroit, go to Cleveland, go to East LA, etc.

We get to go home to nice places. We do not understand what it’s like to live in these places.

I have no idea of who you are or what you are. I like your post (that I have seen, and how you like to inform people of not being stupid). BUT people are stupid.

I really don’t disagree with you, but I would rather my taxes go to help people here in America. I would like not to have to take out a loan to pay for medical expenses.

If I HAVE TO PAY TAXES I HAVE A SAY ABOUT WE.

I would prefer to be left alone. Except this stupid social media stuff keeps making post stuff......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    45 years ago, Sally Struthers was thin and started doing those informercials about the 20 million starving kids in Africa. Today, Sally is big as Hell and is talking about the 60 million starving kids in Africa. What went wrong? How did they go from 20 million starving kids to 60 million? Do you think that if we send more money, that will end the starvation?

The big big problem is when someone can pick and choose how they want to live their life, and have someone else pay for it. Sheer irresponsibility. The absolute worse thing that you can ever do to aid irresponsible people is to throw money at them.

You can't go from "I believe this and I want to do that" to we should PAY for this and that. Like I said, live your life. Do you. Have your fun. But when it's time to be personally responsible, there should never be any "WE" talk. There is no "WE." I didn't do it. I was not responsible. Having me pay for something that I did not do is punishing me for being responsible. And it only breeds more irresponsibility. And more. And more. And 20 million irresponsible people become 60 million irresponsible people. If I had no part in your fun, I shouldn't have to pay for your fun. You chose to live your life and do what you wanted to do, you should be prepared to pay for it. IF I have to pay for it, I should have a say in how you live your life.

4. Eowyn

Eowyn Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2016
    TN
    45 years ago I was thin too. I was 6 at the time.

5. Eowyn

Eowyn Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2016
    TN
    But in all seriousness, where does our money go to when we pay taxes? I did go on food stamps for a short while years ago. I was glad to have it when I needed it.

6. Eowyn

Eowyn Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2016
    TN
    People abuse the system all the time, but it seems rich people are allowed to do it with out repercussions. Almost as if it’s ok for the Trumps of the world can crap all over us and everyone us like okay with it.

7. Eowyn

Eowyn Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2016
    TN
    BTW you took the most irresponsible person to make your point.

TripleSix Thanks this.
  8. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    [
    In all seriousness, there is no "we."

Eowyn Thanks this.
  9. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

California Concealed Carry - How to get a CCW permit

That tells you how.

California generally prohibits a person from carrying a loaded, concealed firearm in public unless the person has been issued a concealed weapons license. ... California is a “may-issue” state, meaning that local law enforcement has discretion when issuing carrying concealed weapons (“CCW”) licenses - Concealed Carry in California | Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

California a May Issue State and currently issues licenses to carry concealed firearms to residents of California.

“When a person applies for a license to carry a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person, the sheriff of a county may issue a license to that person.”

California does not issues licenses or permits to carry concealed to non-residents.

Licenses and permits to carry concealed firearms in California are issued by the sheriff of a county or the chief or other head of a municipal police department.
    - California Concealed Carry Permit Information [Updated Mar. 29, 2019]

I'll try an type this is slowly for those of you having trouble understanding...

IT IS HARD TO GET A PERMIT TO CONCEAL IN CALIFORNIA IT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE!

im·pos·si·ble
    /imˈpäsəb(ə)l/

adjective
    adjective: impossible
    1. not able to occur, exist, or be done.
      "a seemingly impossible task"
      h
      Similar:
      not possible
    Do you understand now? Blame your county sheriffs out there. They are the ones that issue permits in California.

I know I had to give you the link, despite a simple search giving you an answer to your question.

So...once again, for those who want to be hard headed..

It's hard. Not IMPOSSIBLE!

Argue all you like. Clearly their allowed, clearly their given out. Clearly you either didn't apply, or Cali aka the Sheriff where ever you applied didn't think you qualified. Does this make it clearer? If you don't like how your elected officials...officiate, do a better job of getting the guy in as Sheriff that will help your cause.

Should it be easier? I think so. Does what I think matter in California? Nope. I don't live there. It's your job to vote out there not mine. An if you don't vote, then well that's your problem.

So therefore...It's not impossible.

I have no desire to win anyone over, or argue this til the cows come home. Your welcome to disagree with me all you like, even if your wrong. ;)

Regardless of where you fall on the hard vs impossible...be safe.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Click click boom! - Saliva

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    They did a vote on Cspan2 about 11Pm back in 2006 quietly. IF it passed there would have been a national license to carry equal to any USA drivers license imposed on all 50 states. The problem was one of our Arkansas senators had to consult with his boss and changed his vote at the very last one to no failing the whole thing. That particular senator has since retired. Nothing against him but he voted what the leadership told him to kill the bill at a tie and so he killed it when told to.

I watched it first hand live as it happened. He came through the doors at the last minute voted yes and then one of the Bosses at that time intercepted him.

That would be the end of that.

Arkansas is a Shall Issue provided you pass a deep background check and there is a enhanced tier carry for active shooters where you may carry concealed into say the State house itself.

I am going on my third tour as soon the third renewal goes through. No issues. Going on 10 years now.

rolls canardly Thanks this.
  11. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    Your 'we' keeps including others without their concession... keep that up and you'll find out just how welcome you really are. It's self righteous mandated inclusion in what only you yourself have deemed acceptable and necessary. There's a word for that.

Gearjammin' Penguin and TripleSix Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.