Three options

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Drpparker95, May 21, 2018.

1. Drpparker95

Drpparker95 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Hello i have one month otr experience and about 4 months with pepsi doing local delivery. Im in south Alabama dothan area to be exact. I have some experience in a manual but most experience in an auto. I have three options so far. Swift out of the decatur terminal, werner out of the lithia springs terminal and pam transport out of the Albany Georgia area. Can someone help me

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Take a large paper. Make three sections under each of the three companies. Write down the pay scale under each, write down the benefits if any under each, write down where you will be going and what work you will be doing under each and so on.

Eventually you will arrive at one of the three that offers the best for you.

All three stink for a variety of reasons. But those are the three you presented so I have to be nice and try to help you reach a decision with rational thought. Obviously the one who pays the most for the least amount of BS will be who you want to run for.

sevenmph Thanks this.
  4. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    I understand all three arent that great, unfortunately between my lack of experience in a tractor trailer recently and my straight truck experience isnt recognized

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    What happened at Pepsi? Just hate it?

6. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Unsafe driving conditions and they wanted me to drive illegally

x1Heavy and Lonesome Thank this.
  7. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    Coke is better!

Lonesome and Chinatown Thank this.
  8. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Let's not go there. Talking about that undrinkable Coca Cola.
    :happy1:

Lonesome Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ok. You are aware as of about 2012 there is published Anti Laws that protects you, the driver from a Boss making threats or drastic acts and forcing you into a apparent no win situation should you determine that it is not safe, legal or too dangerous to proceed at the moment with a load. Not necessarily all three.

I hope someone can present these laws in a form easily understandable.

U.S. Trucking Industry Corruption - Ask The Trucker

I will need some time to nail down the actual evidence as I have done before.

If you discover you are with a good company you will do whatever humanely possible to run with them But not at the risk of your CDL, Your Life, Your family and so on. With a good company the money will simply take care of itseof

10. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    They wanted me to drive with medication that made me unsafe to drive and when i had issues with my glasses they wanted me to drive when i couldn't see and wouldn't give me the chance to get them fixed so i left the company

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.